Community Forum

X1 DVR restrict recording ability

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 DVR restrict recording ability

Is there anyway to restrict a certain box from being able to record to the DVR? (My grandfather keeps recording shows on accident and I'm getting tired of deleting 20 shows a day because he doesn't understand what he is doing)
Expert

Re: X1 DVR restrict recording ability

:Ronin-ak wrote:
Is there anyway to restrict a certain box from being able to record to the DVR? (My grandfather keeps recording shows on accident and I'm getting tired of deleting 20 shows a day because he doesn't understand what he is doing)

you might want to swap his set top box for an HD xfinity box so it is not part of your X1 system (same subscribed channels but won't access DVR at all).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR restrict recording ability

wrote:

That's not possible. A couple options would be to downgrade your grandfather's box to a DTA (has up to Digital Starter programming, no premium channels, no On Demand, no communication with X1) or replace his remote with a very basic older DTA remote ( only power on/off functions, channel and volume up/down functions)