Community Forum

X1 DVR programs saved to cloud

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Contributor

X1 DVR programs saved to cloud

I am moving soon and getting an upgraded DVR.  I currently have an X1 DVR and my understanding is that programs I record are saved to the cloud.  My question is:  When I get my new X1 DVR will I have access to the programs - saved to the cloud - that I recorded with my old X1 DVR?  If not - I will delete them before I move.

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR programs saved to cloud

@truthseeker719 wrote:

I am moving soon and getting an upgraded DVR.  I currently have an X1 DVR and my understanding is that programs I record are saved to the cloud.  My question is:  When I get my new X1 DVR will I have access to the programs - saved to the cloud - that I recorded with my old X1 DVR?  If not - I will delete them before I move.

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Can you not set it up as a transfer and take the dvr with you or are you moving to a totally different area? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I am moving to a different apartment in my apartment complex so same area. But I am upgrading to an HD DVR cable box.
Official Employee

@truthseeker719 wrote:
I am moving to a different apartment in my apartment complex so same area. But I am upgrading to an HD DVR cable box.

That's what you have now, there's no need to change anything if it was set up as a transfer

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thank you - I am a little confused because the person I spoke with at Comcast to set this up told me I was able to get a 4K cable box so I could watch Netflix in 4K on my 4K TV - sorry - I think I didn't mention the 4K part just HD. I apologize for my lack of tech knowledge. 

So - will my saved recordings be available to view on the new box - since they are saved to the cloud?

During an service outage when the box was actually unplugged - my scheduled recordings still recorded and I was able to access them when the outage ended.

Sorry for the confusion in my question 

Official Employee

No worries I see what you’re talking about. The last 60 hours of recordings at time of install are coming back to your new DVR and your scheduled recordings will repopulate.

Contributor

Wonderful news! Thank you so much for your help.