Community Forum

X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

First, I sure miss being able to change the clock by the 30 seconds to 1 minute like you used to be able to. i also miss just being able to extend it by 1 minute, because that's all it needs but now the minimum is 3 minutes and it often makes it so i can't schedule other recordings.

Now, the problem is, it won't record the whole thing. I've got recordings that say they are full and they are maybe 5 minutes when you get into them. Or they start 10 or 15 minutes late or end that early. I've restarted and done all the things i can but these last couple weeks have been ridiculous! Why do I pay so much for something that doesn't work a deal of the time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if somehow I'll need to "upgrade" again because we don't know what's wrong or it's a known issue or whatever it is they always tell me instead of having an actual solution.

Expert

Re: X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

@heatherlyreese wrote:

First, I sure miss being able to change the clock by the 30 seconds to 1 minute like you used to be able to. i also miss just being able to extend it by 1 minute, because that's all it needs but now the minimum is 3 minutes and it often makes it so i can't schedule other recordings.

Now, the problem is, it won't record the whole thing. I've got recordings that say they are full and they are maybe 5 minutes when you get into them. Or they start 10 or 15 minutes late or end that early. I've restarted and done all the things i can but these last couple weeks have been ridiculous! Why do I pay so much for something that doesn't work a deal of the time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if somehow I'll need to "upgrade" again because we don't know what's wrong or it's a known issue or whatever it is they always tell me instead of having an actual solution.

use the settings >> preferences >> general >> autopad recordings: on. 

how many set top boxes do you have by type (trying to help you get 6 tuners for recordings).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

Sorry, I did not see this, thanks for responding... I just have the one DVR but I don't know much more than that about it. I think it's a bit better now but it's probably only a matter of time.