Community Forum

X1 DVR not recording certain programs

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR not recording certain programs

@SJLJR wrote:

No offense, but have already explained the problem in detail...responding with this type of question does not help. Again, it randomly skips recordings...for several weeks it records "all events" as programed, then one weekend it skips the preset to record main live event and indicates that it's going to record the replay the next day...not sure how to explain it any better.  Thanks.

OK, that helps.  If I had your issue, I would be really concerned.  I assume you have done A button System Refresh on all boxes?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

No offense, but have already explained the problem in detail...responding with this type of question does not help. Again, it randomly skips recordings...for several weeks it records "all events" as programed, then one weekend it skips the preset to record main live event and indicates that it's going to record the replay the next day...not sure how to explain it any better.  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

@SJLJR wrote:

What about it missing the program alltogether?   It's preset to record all, but misses the live broadcast and states that it's recording the rebroadcast the next day, which is too late with most races...  Please advise...if possible!  Thank you.

Specific example?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

What about it missing the program alltogether?   It's preset to record all, but misses the live broadcast and states that it's recording the rebroadcast the next day, which is too late with most races...  Please advise...if possible!  Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver

It's best to add extra recordng time to sports events that run longer than scheduled.  

Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR not recording certain programs

Besides not always completing certain recordings, and voice command only working about 40% of the tiem, this X1 box was scheduled to record the NASCAR Coca Cola 600.  This is not the first time this PO_  has done this!  It is and has been set to record all F1, Indycar and NASCAR Monster Cup Series races. After avoiding news reports all day so not to spoil what happened, I get home to watch the race only to find out that it recorded qualifying, practice, pre-race, etc, but NO race!!  There was plenty of space left, so that's not the issue!  It's indicating that it's recording the replay tomorrow??  Guess what, too late, while attempting to figure out what went wrong-AGAIN, the results were posted...please advise what's going on with this blankin thing.  Thank you.