Community Forum

X1 DVR issue with recording a progrm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 DVR issue with recording a progrm

I record the show Madame Secretary on CBS.  Due to Football, this show's schedule time is moved back from 8PM due to the football game running late which moves the entire CBS lineup for Sunday.  Is there a way of updating the schedule so that the DVR records the program, no matter what time its scheduled for, instead by time period.

Expert

Re: X1 DVR issue with recording a progrm

defiantxab wrote:

I record the show Madame Secretary on CBS.  Due to Football, this show's schedule time is moved back from 8PM due to the football game running late which moves the entire CBS lineup for Sunday.  Is there a way of updating the schedule so that the DVR records the program, no matter what time its scheduled for, instead by time period.

add to your calendar (paper or smartphone) a check each wednesday to check the recordings on channels that have football or other live shows for the next week (sun - sat). when you find one for 'insurance' just record next 2 or 3 shows after one you want to watch in case the game + pat-on-back time goes over scheduled time. To make this easy, I use the Xfinity TV remote app, first tab for listings, HD filter on. you can pick a channel and quickly check a whole week+. In our area the local CBS channel has picked up college football and they routinely move whole prime time to late evening after the news and late night shows. Just straight event planning.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Your answer to taping the Madam Secretary show detained due to football is ignorant.  AT@T can tape the show requested and not just the time.   You should be more involved in fixing maddening issues such as this instead of coming up with new things you can add to the bill.  Very disappointed I the answer.

Official Employee

2 year old thread closed.