Community Forum

X1 DVR Cloud Recordings Unable to Download to Mobile Device

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR Cloud Recordings Unable to Download to Mobile Device

I am having a major issue with the X1 DVR cloud recordings and the iOS xfinity TV app. As of a few days ago, I am not able to download any of my recordings to my iPhone or iPad (I am in my home, on my home network). I get the same error message for all of my recordings: "Could not create Download. There appears to be a problem with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve issue."

If I try to stream the videos, I get a different error message: "Playback Issue :: 500. The server is reporting an unrecoverable error. Please try playing another channel or recording."

Live TV streams fine on my devices. There is clearly an issue with the cloud server or cloud recordings themselves.

I have had many issues in the past where SOME recordings wouldn't download, but this is the first time that NONE of my recordings will download or stream.

I chatted with someone from tech support, and they created a ticket, but I don't have high hopes--I have called so many times with similar issues, and each time they created a ticket and supposedly bumped it up to "tier 2" support, but I don't think tier 2 support exists. They were always supposed to have someone from tier 2 all me within 48 hours, and I have never received a call back from them. Very disappointing. We spend a lot of money for a service that only works some of the time, and currently not at all.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 DVR Cloud Recordings Unable to Download to Mobile Device

UPDATE: I actually DID get a call back from tier 2 support!

I tested a little further, and found a few recordings that I am able to download, but the majority of my recordings are not downloadable or streamable.

Regular Visitor

Also having same issue started about 10 days ago.   Running on IPAD  iOS 8.3

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same error with 3 out of 8 recordings of Scandal, trying to download to a Galaxy Tab 3

New Poster

I'm having this exact issue right now... Very frustrating. Do the cloud recordings ever start working again for those particular programs?
Frequent Visitor

Future recordings for these series eventually started working, but I don't think any of the particular episodes I had issues with were ever downloadable. I haven't had many problems for the past few months, luckily.

New Poster

I'm having that issue right now... App logged me out and then when I signed back in it told me some update has happened
Admin1

Hello All -- For this issue, log out of the App and log back in. You may need to force close the App or uninstall/reinstall the App. 

If none of that helps, we would need to know how you are connecting (wifi or mobile network), device make/model, Operating System, and what content you're having an issue with. 

Regular Visitor

I too have tried all of the fixes the 1st Tier support agents give you to try...

• Log out, log back in
  • Reinstall the app

None of it helped on either of my IPad Minis.  The app was working back in October '15.

I too chatted with tier 1 support, who told me they elevated to tier 2 support and I should give a time for this tier 2 support to call me back.  I did but, they never called.

i am too frustrated for works with Comcast.  The cost of the service has risen exponentially in the last 3 years and the service has fall n by the same proportions.  

I just oust want the app to work and for someone to get back to me to assist me in making it work.  When will that be?