Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 Color guide background and font colors

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 Color guide background and font colors

We just got X1 and I can't read the guide as the contrast is horrible.  I've adjusted the  background darkness transparency to 11 and also have Option 2 for Readabiity which has larger font but the contrast is still terrible and I can't read it.  I'd like to change the color guide background, not the darkness transparency level: I'd like a completely different color like yellow or red. I'd also like a different font color to maximize contrast.  I've read answers to this problem posted in 2014, but the same options on the menu no longer exist: there aparrently was some sort of "down arrow" within the Background Transparency option to find colors, but this doesn't exist on mine.  I've been all over tips and tricks, Google, settings, and Comcast lab several times. Nothing for the present X1, all suggestions are are 3 - 7 years old. The Comcast techs aren't aware of anything. Please help.    

Official Employee

Re: X1 Color guide background and font colors

Presently, there aren't any more options to change those settings. The suggestions from a few years ago were when there were other options available.

Expert

beau2 wrote:

We just got X1 and I can't read the guide as the contrast is horrible.  I've adjusted the  background darkness transparency to 11 and also have Option 2 for Readabiity which has larger font but the contrast is still terrible and I can't read it.  I'd like to change the color guide background, not the darkness transparency level: I'd like a completely different color like yellow or red. I'd also like a different font color to maximize contrast.  I've read answers to this problem posted in 2014, but the same options on the menu no longer exist: there aparrently was some sort of "down arrow" within the Background Transparency option to find colors, but this doesn't exist on mine.  I've been all over tips and tricks, Google, settings, and Comcast lab several times. Nothing for the present X1, all suggestions are are 3 - 7 years old. The Comcast techs aren't aware of anything. Please help.    

You wouldn't happen to be using an older 4:3 TV or maybe a computer monitor with X1?

New Poster

I would like to add my name to the very long list, not only here but another web site I saw, to change the color or give the customer the ability to do so. I just bought 2 new LG Smart TV's and signed up for X1 service. The guide screen is white letters on black background. That is very difficult to read, especially at night. You must be able to come up with a way for your customers to change the color to something that suits their vision.