Community Forum

X1 Apps will not start

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

X1 Apps will not start

After clicking xfinity button and then clicking “Apps” the screen goes a bit darker but the app list “Netflix, YouTube, etc never appears. The tv channel continues to be viewable in darkened state. Tried a system refresh no luck. Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: X1 Apps will not start

I was able to replicate it where I am, sent it up to get looked at, it’s possible there may be updates happening. I was able to get to apps like Netflix and Pandora by using the voice commands.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

This also happened to me yesterday on my companion box but not on my main DVR box.  I also refreshed the system and it didn't work.  I went to bed hoping that it would fix itself overnight and it did.  Seems to work just fine now.  It's a mystery...

Frequent Visitor

Yes it is resolved for me now, also.

Regular Contributor

that was an issue for me as well, must've been a system-wide thing

I need to check this board before calling customer service