Community Forum

X-1 Main Box Not Working But Satellites Are

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

X-1 Main Box Not Working But Satellites Are

Signal was out in our area today although we had no problems this morning. After signal came back online I mean X-1 box is not receiving a signal but the satellites are. I spent time on the phone with Comcast trying to fix the problem but they are sending a technician on Sunday. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to solve it on your own? Thank you.
Expert

Re: X-1 Main Box Not Working But Satellites Are

if you swap your DVR (with power supply) with the XG2 with power suipply that you seem to have does the problem move with the box?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

No, I have not tried that yet.

FWIW I have swapped HDMI chords and televisions with no change in the issue, i.e. “no signal” is the message regardless.
Official Employee

Since you've already established that the satellite boxes work, that means the dvr is working. You also stated that you lost power. What probably happened is that when power was restored either the box or tv or both took a surge and blew out the HDMI port on either the tv, the dvr or both. An easy way to check is to move the dvr to where a satellite box is and see if you get a picture or not.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.

When you say move the DVR, what do you mean? We have s satellite box in the main bedroom but should I connect the DVR to the tv?
Frequent Visitor

BTW I just tried the regular video port and have a picture so perhaps it is the HDMI ports.
Official Employee

If you move the dvr to a different tv then you can test the dvr's hdmi port going to that tv. You can narrow down if it's the box or tv
Frequent Visitor

Thank you again.

I am going to wait for the tech as I have tried three different HDMI chords with no change. I am not sure moving the DVR would help but I appreciate the suggestion.
Official Employee

Swapping HDMI won't matter because you haven't determined if it's the tv ports or dvr port that is bad. Moving the dvr will at least give a clue to which is bad, save a truck roll charge if it's your tv.
Frequent Visitor

The tv ports work our DVD player so I would say it’s the HDMI ports on the DVR unless you think I’m missing something.
Official Employee

I would agree ( if your DVD player is using HDMI).
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help.