Community Forum

Wireless set top box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Wireless set top box

Is a wireless set top box available in Salt Lake City? I am using the beta app on a Roku right now but its not great. I'm really hoping there is a better option than wiring every room ith a cable point. Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Wireless set top box

Hello jimcory, I can assist you with finding out when the Xi5 releases in your area. To better assist you, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Regular Contributor

The Xi5 is available in all markets at this time, inventory subject to local availability

does this mean they can be shipped out NO TECH INSTALL if not do you know when they will be? amir?

Admin1

Hi dkinley1 -- The Xi5 Wireless TV Box is only available via professional installation to new X1 customers or existing non-X1 customers who are upgrading to X1. At this time, the Xi5 device cannot be requested by the customer. The technician will install this device at their discretion based on an evaluation of the home's network configuration. We are working diligently to make Wireless TV Boxes available via Self Installation Kits later in 2018.