Community Forum

Wireless Keyboard and Xfinity TV?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Wireless Keyboard and Xfinity TV?

Hello! I was given a Logitech wireless keyboard as a gift to use with our Samsung TV. We have the Xfinity cable box and wireless router for home networking. I plugged the keyboard dongle into a USB port on the TV and nothing happened (no prompt or anything to indicate the keyboard and TV were communicating). When I plugged the dongle into the cable box, my DVR player turned on (and the system still didn't pair with the wireless keyboard). Is it possible to use a wireless keyboard with the Xfinity TV system? I would use it mainly to search for shows to record (rather than toggling from letter to letter with the Xfinity remote), but not sure how to get it to pop up the Xfinity menu features that the Xfinity remote does. Would use the wireless keyboard with the TV only, not with the computer. Also not using the Xfinity mobile app and not using our phones at all with TV. Any ideas? Thank you! 

Official Employee

Re: Wireless Keyboard and Xfinity TV?

No, you can’t use a wireless keyboard with any X1 box. Do you not have an XR11 remote that allows voice commands to do searches?
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Remotes/td-p/2860262
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

OK thanks, now I know. Yes I have the Xfinity remote with voice capability -- but have never tried that feature. Now I will. Thank you!

Gold Problem Solver

heidilaf77 wrote: ... Is it possible to use a wireless keyboard with the Xfinity TV system? ...

Not really, but see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/How-to-use-wireless-keyboard-mouse-on-x1/m-p/2313111#M32244