Community Forum

Windows Phone Support

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Windows Phone Support

Does anyone know if and when there will be an app for Windows phones?  I was expecting the system to be manageable from any web-enabled device, but it really isn’t.  The web portal is almost useless on Windows phone for a few reasons:

1. the cameras are unviewable in the Internet Explorer version on Windows phone

2. it takes a very long time to log into the portal on the phone (or other web devices).

3. you can't save your password or stay logged into the portal (adding to the problem from item 2)

New Poster

Re: Windows Phone Support

i just got xfinity home security 350 setup. definitely meed a windows phone app and a Windows 8 app for the microsoft surface

New Poster

Re: Windows Phone Support

I totally agree.  It is time for Comcast to wake up and realize how many Windows Phone users there are.  There are many people at Microsoft that I know that will not get the Xfinity Home because it does not have a Windows app, just on principle.  That is a large customer base they are losing.  I also agree that the Windows Surface needs one - as well as any Windows 8/8.1 machine.