Community Forum

Will we return to the search option of an actor which lists all their movies?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Will we return to the search option of an actor which lists all their movies?

Since the "New and Improved website update" I can no longer do a search on an actor and get a listing of all their movies and misc. TV appearences. The old website allowed you to do a search on an actor and it would list all of their movies and appearences that were available on-line, On Demand, or upcoming live TV broadcasts. You could limit the search to each of these catagories, and if you were searching for On Demand it would tell you if it was free, or available to rent or buy.

This was so handy and you could get all the information on one page instead of having to do a search on each individual movie, or try and remember all of the movies they were in.  I can't understand how you can call yourself improving something when the new version doesn't do anywhere near what the old version did.

I hope that Comcast / Xfinity looks at these forum posts and takes into consideration what it's customers are requesting and having issues with.  It would seem to me that it would be of their benefit to do so.

Official Employee

Re: Will we return to the search option of an actor which lists all their movies?

bmwsteve wrote:

Since the "New and Improved website update" I can no longer do a search on an actor and get a listing of all their movies and misc. TV appearences. The old website allowed you to do a search on an actor and it would list all of their movies and appearences that were available on-line, On Demand, or upcoming live TV broadcasts. You could limit the search to each of these catagories, and if you were searching for On Demand it would tell you if it was free, or available to rent or buy.

This was so handy and you could get all the information on one page instead of having to do a search on each individual movie, or try and remember all of the movies they were in.  I can't understand how you can call yourself improving something when the new version doesn't do anywhere near what the old version did.

I hope that Comcast / Xfinity looks at these forum posts and takes into consideration what it's customers are requesting and having issues with.  It would seem to me that it would be of their benefit to do so.

Thank you for the feedback. The ability to search by cast and crew is planned for early 2017. Ahead of that are some other high priority features such as favorite channels, watchlist/bookmarks, and a more compact and feature rich TV listings grid.

The XFINITY TV apps and portal (tv.xfinity.com) only show On Demand content included in your subscription (nothing to buy or rent). The XFINITY TV Remote app shows all content, however. 

Contributor

Re: Will we return to the search option of an actor which lists all their movies?

Well, 2017 is now half over and we still aren't able to search by actors.  As I stated in my original post: the old website allowed you to do a search on an actor and it would list all of their movies and appearences that were available on-line, On Demand, or upcoming live TV broadcasts. You could limit the search to each of these catagories, and if you were searching for On Demand it would tell you if it was free, or available to rent or buy.

Any clue on when we can expect to be able to search by actor and get results showing what movies they were in, if it was on-line, On Demand, or live TV broadcasts?  This was one of the features that I feel was really handy and is sorely missed.