Community Forum

Wifi password shown on tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Wifi password shown on tv

Just another reason why I use my own modem and router...
New Poster

Use of a PIN to hide your wifi password only works if someone tries to access the wifi password through the HELP function on the X1 box. If voice commands are used to ask "what's my wifi password" - the password shows up, regardless of whether you put a PIN on the account or not.  I did a chat with Xfinity to find out that there's no way to hide the password from voice commands - the solution was to hide the voice command from guests which means hiding the remote or disabling voice commands totally.  Bad design.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Geek I think they are referring to the account information found on the X1 help menu.
As it states right on the screen where the wifi information is located go to
Xfinity.com/profile
and set up a pin to restrict access

Absolutely right Andrew.....

I just checked mine and it is protected by PIN to restrict access by Guests in the house.  Smiley Happy

Moving this topic to the X1 forum.

Official Employee

Geek I think they are referring to the account information found on the X1 help menu.
As it states right on the screen where the wifi information is located go to
Xfinity.com/profile
and set up a pin to restrict access
Gold Problem Solver

daydreams wrote:

Was wondering if there is a way to hide my wifi name and password from showing up on my help screen on the tv.

That question would be better directed to the support site of your TV's Manufacturer..... 

New Poster

Wifi password shown on tv

Was wondering if there is a way to hide my wifi name and password from showing up on my help screen on the tv.