Community Forum

Why won't x1 dvr record all of a sudden?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Why won't x1 dvr record all of a sudden?

Hello,

I have had a particular show set for series recording for a long time...Super Password on Buzzr channel.  It airs at 10:30am M-F.  MOST OF THE TIME, it will record (although strangely enough, I check my next day's schedule every night and there have been days that it will show on the schedule but not record).  Well, now all of a sudden not only will it not record, but it won't even schedule! It is on the network's schedule and I keep trying to reset the recording....it tells me it's confirmed, but when I then check my scheduled recordings, it's not there.

I have tried to sync the dvr, but that did nothing at all to help.  Also rebooted the box twice. Still nothing.

Any idea what I can try? Or why it's even happening?

Expert

Re: Why won't x1 dvr record all of a sudden?

@carol601 wrote:

Hello,

I have had a particular show set for series recording for a long time...Super Password on Buzzr channel.  It airs at 10:30am M-F.  MOST OF THE TIME, it will record (although strangely enough, I check my next day's schedule every night and there have been days that it will show on the schedule but not record).  Well, now all of a sudden not only will it not record, but it won't even schedule! It is on the network's schedule and I keep trying to reset the recording....it tells me it's confirmed, but when I then check my scheduled recordings, it's not there.

I have tried to sync the dvr, but that did nothing at all to help.  Also rebooted the box twice. Still nothing.

Any idea what I can try? Or why it's even happening?

when you bring up the series recording is it set to a particular channel or just HD or SD preferred? do you have it set to record new or new and repeats?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

You have 3 series recordings set up, one is set up to only keep 2 episodes. Try going in and cancelling all 3 and start over.
Xfinity button to Saved to Svheduled, arrow down and arrow up, arrow right to Series Priority and press Ok, scroll down to find those 3 different series recordings, when highlighted, press D to delete.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

These instructions aren’t working for me. When I go into Series Priority I see series set for recording and ones I’ve long since canceled but cannot figure out how to use D to delete anything. My only options are to move the series up or down. I did go in and change the Super Password as you suggested and that worked. But is there a way to remove series from the series priority list? Some are so old
Contributor

Never mind! I figured it out!!

Thank you all for responding