Community Forum

Why was the Houston Rockets and Celtics Game on TNT Blocked Out in Houston Last Night?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Why was the Houston Rockets and Celtics Game on TNT Blocked Out in Houston Last Night?

Last night we could only see the Rockets game on the At & T Sports Network. It was blacked out on TNT and this has never happened before. Usually the Rockets are only blacked out on the NBA network. Can somene explain to me why this happened and will this be the norm because it's disappointing to not see the hometeam on the national channels. 

Official Employee

Re: Why was the Houston Rockets and Celtics Game on TNT Blocked Out in Houston Last Night?

Hello StacyR1, It looks like your issue falls under your regions blackout rules. A blackout is when sports teams and leagues (or schools and conferences) prohibit certain games from being seen on certain channels due to ticket sales or games being carried on other channels. I apologize for the inconvenience, these rules are set by the networks in your region. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!