Community Forum

Why no Fox 5 NY in CT?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Why no Fox 5 NY in CT?

Can’t seem to get an answer.
Where I live, New Haven county, I receive every NY and CT local network except Fox 5 NY. It’s not available in SD or HD in CT.
I get:
NY CBS (WCBS) & CT CBS(WFS
NY NBC (WNBC) & CT NBC(WVIT)
NY ABC (WABC) & CT ABC(WTNH)
CT FOX (WTIC) only

I do not get:
FOX NY
I even get local WORTV & WPIX from both markets. So why can’t I get FOX NY, but every single other NY local.
I truly hope there is a valid reason and most of all, a speedy solution. Let me say I am a loyal Xfinity fan. Their CS and overall service is a trillion times better than Direct tv, but when I ask CS about this one issue, all I get is confusion. Any help would be so appreciated. Thx
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why no Fox 5 NY in CT?

You don't get Fox NY because WTIC is forcing Comcast to not allow out-of-market stations. You could lose the other NY stations if the Connecticut ones also push back. It's called "Designated Market Area". Local stations can force competing non-DMA stations off of cable networks.

Regular Visitor

Re: Why no Fox 5 NY in CT?

Andy thanks for the reply. That stinks. The only reason I have looked for FOX NY is every now and then the Mets or other NY teams are broadcast on FOX. If there is a Red Sox game on at the same time I end up with the Boston feed. Hopefully the other networks don’t pull this ridiculous nonsense.
Thanks again Andy