Community Forum

Why is AMC picture/sound quality so shoddy/in and out on HD TV?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Why is AMC picture/sound quality so shoddy/in and out on HD TV?

2 year old thread closed. Feel free to post your individual issues in a separate thread
New Poster

Comcast does this to save cost. Happens in multiple locations on multiple cable boxes including X1. This is why Comcast is rated the worst company in the nation.
New Poster

I have seen it the past few weeks on AMC "Walking Dead". It is a jittery little skip in the video that reoccurs every 20 seconds or so.  It happens with OnDemand and our DVR copy we recorded.  It does not happen during commercials.  I have never seen it on any other channel.

Official Employee

Hi thomaswalsh1, are you seeing picture/sound quality issues with AMC on both of your cable boxes, and only that channel?

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

thomaswalsh1 wrote:

the picture and audio freezes, pixelates and goes back to normal (and back to awful) every 20 seconds or so during Walking Dead. It happens EVERY TIME. But never on any other channels. Anyone have this issue? incredibly annoying.

For the issue you describe, please refer to this link:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Pixelation-video-and-audio-dropouts-One-Moment-...

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

Why is AMC picture/sound quality so shoddy/in and out on HD TV?

the picture and audio freezes, pixelates and goes back to normal (and back to awful) every 20 seconds or so during Walking Dead. It happens EVERY TIME. But never on any other channels. Anyone have this issue? incredibly annoying.