Community Forum

Why do you have people that lie

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Why do you have people that lie

Why does Comcast allow agents to lie? I have been on a non-contract bundle for several years. I have always paid slightly more than a contract price so I would not have to be in a contract - should I elect to take my business elsewhere.  I was offered a price for a 1 year promotion of a double play (TV + Internet) and would call each year to renew. I called last August and the gentleman that I spoke with said that I was on this special rate and to call just prior to the the year so and ask for again for a new promotional package - otherwise your price will go up. I set an alarm on my phone to call and told he set me up for a 2 year agreement and my rate would stay the same $109/month.  So, I left it alone thinking I may have misunderstood him. Now that the 1st year has passed, my bill jumps by $20 (actually more because my local channels and sports increased also) because my discounted amount was less. This was not what I had agreed to and I tried to call back prior to the rate jump as I was told. However, it appears the initial person lied as did the second customer service represative. And I'm under a contract and will receive an early termination fee. This is exactly the opposite of what I wanted. Very poor on Comcast. And I did not see a contract to verify what was being told, so I am pretty upset. And there are no packages available online to view "because I am in a contract".

Here's a long time customer that will likely switch to the competitor - even if I have to take a hit on early termination. I don't deal with liers. Yes, I called the customer service and they said the only way to get a lower price was to agree to another 2 year contract. Such fraud. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Why do you have people that lie

Hi CupLessPuckFan,

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've received while trying to get your billing concerns resolved. If you don't want to be in a contract, I can review the offers in your area. By switching from a contract to a non-contract agreement you will not be charged any early termination fees, that only happens if you decide to cancel your services and don't have at least one active service. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!