Community Forum

Why did Comcast eliminate the "LC" channel from its lineup?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Why did Comcast eliminate the "LC" channel from its lineup?

I got the answer to the lc issue last night a family member called comcast and found out that contract talks are underway between comcast and LC talkes must not be going well so they pulled the channel from the line up small chance that LC may come back on Oct 31 but on a different channel. 

Official Employee

GailStorm wrote:

I want to know why Comcast eliminated one of my favourite channels from the lineup!

The channel is the "LC" (Liquidation channel), which is a shopping channel.  One morning I flipped on the TV and it had simply disappeared...no warning or explaination...just gone, replaced by "encore" programming (reruns) of a channel that already was on.  "evine" a very lame shopping channel.

Hells bells, for what I pay for cable, I should have access to a channel I enjoy!

I **did** call Comcast and they were going to get back to me (Yeah right)...after I spent a little time asking them about this.  Of course, they passed my call around...obviously no one had a clue.

I guess I'm used to poor service from Comcast, but I thought maybe this once I would get

lucky and get an answer.  Wrong.

I guess after the holidays it's time to shop around for another cable provider!

Can I maybe get an answer?

I can confirm that the Liquidation Channel did cut back on their hours with Comcast in this area on the leased access channel, channel 111.

This home shopping genre network currently pays Comcast to be on the channel lineup. The programming on channel 111 is subject to change. 

My understanding is that this network is reducing hours in many locations.

Problem Solver

Shopping channels, like Liquidation Channel, pay providers like Comcast a fee to be carried, with either the carriage fee posted or some percentage of the sales they generate from their viewers.

Liquidation Channel is sparingly carried by Comcast. Not too many markets have it with them. Perhaps they decided it wasn't worth their time with the reduced exposure.

Think of the shopping channels as more like advertisers than conventional channels. They're paying for space unlike the networks with entertainment options.

Official Employee

GailStorm wrote:

I want to know why Comcast eliminated one of my favourite channels from the lineup!

The channel is the "LC" (Liquidation channel), which is a shopping channel.  One morning I flipped on the TV and it had simply disappeared...no warning or explaination...just gone, replaced by "encore" programming (reruns) of a channel that already was on.  "evine" a very lame shopping channel.

Hells bells, for what I pay for cable, I should have access to a channel I enjoy!

I **did** call Comcast and they were going to get back to me (Yeah right)...after I spent a little time asking them about this.  Of course, they passed my call around...obviously no one had a clue.

I guess I'm used to poor service from Comcast, but I thought maybe this once I would get

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have an inquiry in to our programming team that oversees this area.

Channel 111 is labeled as Cable Marketplace so there may be various programming scheduled. 

While I await a better and more complete answer for you, you can get your fix of Liquidation live at the link below: 

https://www.liquidationchannel.com/livetv/liveAuction

New Poster

Why did Comcast eliminate the "LC" channel from its lineup?