Community Forum

Why can't I watch shows on my motorola XOOM anymore?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Why can't I watch shows on my motorola XOOM anymore?

I have no problem watching shows on my PC but now when I try to watch on my XOOM it says it won't play on my device and tells me to get the app.  And all the app does is change channels and set my cable box to record.  Is there no way to watch shows on my XOOM? 

Official Employee

Re: Why can't I watch shows on my motorola XOOM anymore?

looonie wrote:

I have no problem watching shows on my PC but now when I try to watch on my XOOM it says it won't play on my device and tells me to get the app.  And all the app does is change channels and set my cable box to record.  Is there no way to watch shows on my XOOM? 

I am sorry but only the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch are compatible with video playback.

Our team is working hard trying to make more and more devices compatible. Once we know more, I will pass along the information.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Can we watch it now?
I too have the Motorola XOOM. what is taking so long to get us an app that plays on demand? Posted April 23, 2012
Contributor

Sadly it looks like it is going to remain for iDiots only. They keep saying they are working on it. Over a year now.