Community Forum

Why are some Episodes Available On Demand Online, but not on TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Why are some Episodes Available On Demand Online, but not on TV

Sorry to hear this still isn't fixed 2 years later, but with the new DVR's ability to record 4 shows at a time, I just record all the shows I watch.

New Poster

Same issue 2 years later??? Why can't this service I pay a lot for not work
Regular Visitor

When I click on the Watch on TV Button on the website, nothing happens on my  computer for either the Flash or the Arrow episodes except that after a while I get a message, “We’re sorry, but an unexpected error occurred.”

I checked my actual TV. The Flash episode now shows up there in the On Demand list, but when I try to Watch it, nothing happens.  I just get kicked back to regular TV. I can still Watch the other episodes in the list.

I checked the actual TV for Arrow, and the episode is still not there.

Silver Problem Solver

Click the "watch on tv" button on the website if you can't find it on you TV...

Regular Visitor

Today is 12/13/2015.  Under On Demand on the website it says the 12/08 episode of The Flash is available on TV, but not online.  However, when I go to my TV On Demand, that episode is not there.  Can't watch it online or on TV either.  The same applies to the 12/09 episode of Arrow. 

In the case of the 12/11 episode of Grimm, the website says it is availabe on TV, but it isn't.  However, the website does have it available online, so I can at lease watch it on my computer.

Administrator

kellykarnetsky wrote:

Any update on this? It's been over a month and I'm still seeing this issue.

Depending on the episode, there are some that will be updated online first before being added to the boxes. Usually it can take 24-48 hours for this to happen. Have you seen any that has taken longer than that? As far of the Heroes episodes, this issue had been resolved and should not be happening anymore. -FC

New Poster

Any update on this? It's been over a month and I'm still seeing this issue.

Administrator

WatchOnDemand wrote:

I've lately had about three episodes of the shows I watch that did not show up on TV On Demand, but are there when I go to the Comcast.com site and look at what is available online. The most recent one is the Heroes Reborn episode that aired on October 29.  The episodes before and after it are available on TV On Demand, but the only way to watch that episode is to go to Comcast.com and watch it Online.  What's up?  Did someone make a mistake?

We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution at the moment. Will update once I have more info regarding this. -FC 

New Poster

I have been having the same issue... It happened with Hero's reborn, Chicago Fire, and Scream Queens. Also I have noticed that shows like Quantico and SuperGirl are only showing in SD and not in HD.

Regular Visitor

Why are some Episodes Available On Demand Online, but not on TV

I've lately had about three episodes of the shows I watch that did not show up on TV On Demand, but are there when I go to the Comcast.com site and look at what is available online. The most recent one is the Heroes Reborn episode that aired on October 29.  The episodes before and after it are available on TV On Demand, but the only way to watch that episode is to go to Comcast.com and watch it Online.  What's up?  Did someone make a mistake?