Community Forum

Why are my recordings skipping,pauses and pixels disrupts the show?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Why are my recordings skipping,pauses and pixels disrupts the show?

I've noticed these last few MONTHS my recordings have had a lot of skipping moments, pauses where you miss what they're saying and pixels that disturb the show. Let alone all that but I've also noticed Netflix been a lot of miss matches lip syncing. Very disrupting! Why is this been suddenly happening but getting worse as months go by? Yes I keep up with daily system refresh always! So this should not be happening. I know it's internet that's doing this because I have a smart TV with amazon prime never get this problem!
Official Employee

Re: Why are my recordings skipping,pauses and pixels disrupts the show?

It’s possible the dvr is itself is having issues, you can swap it out anytime
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

If I do that I will loose all I've saved
Official Employee

dwharff wrote:
If I do that I will loose all I've saved

Only the last 60 hours of recording is saved to the cloud..

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

I have the Xfinity box dear that I can save up to a year in some recordings. I paid $99.99 to be able to record up to five recordings with one watching. So sorry your wrong
Official Employee

Yes, I know you do. Sorry but ......

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Frequent Visitor

Ok but with do I need the cloud when I never watch on my phone only TV?
Official Employee

When you swap out a dvr the physical recordings are gone, and the new dvr will have access to the last 60 hours that you recorded from the cloud.

Frequent Visitor

These problems are on my TV watching never phone so no need for this cloud thing I'll never watch from my phone always TV for as I'm disabled never go anywhere
Silver Problem Solver

dwharff wrote:
These problems are on my TV watching never phone so no need for this cloud thing I'll never watch from my phone always TV for as I'm disabled never go anywhere

The Comcast Cloud is not the same as your iPhone Cloud.  The Comcast Cloud is for the recordings your X1 box does.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not needing to stream anything for this cloud I think your confusing my home DVR I've bought for $99.99. And still paying addional monthly charge to rent. After paying just to use this XFINITY
Frequent Visitor

I'm not needing to stream anything for this cloud I think your confusing my home DVR I've bought for $99.99. And still paying addional monthly charge to rent. After paying just to use this XFINITY.....had to continue save little by little in Z NOTES STAND BY
Silver Problem Solver
Moved: