Community Forum

When will the Notification Center actually show notifications?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

When will the Notification Center actually show notifications?

For a while now Comcast has been promising this issue should be corrected, but still notifications do not work in the Notification Center unless they’re the X1 tips. Previously in the control center you could see caller ID information plus other notifications. I’m using the Comcast Labs channel on IFTTT and would like to see my notifications there like they previously were.
Expert

Re: When will the Notification Center actually show notifications?

DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
For a while now Comcast has been promising this issue should be corrected, but still notifications do not work in the Notification Center unless they’re the X1 tips. Previously in the control center you could see caller ID information plus other notifications. I’m using the Comcast Labs channel on IFTTT and would like to see my notifications there like they previously were.

notifications are now generally popup (just shows on the screen) or on the far left side of the menu that pops up when you press the Xfinity button.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Well this is a major complaint I’ve got about Comcast and he X1 because they’ve been taking some great features away and making it worse. There used to be many more Comcast Labs options available and yet have disappeared for what seems to be no good reason. Disappointing.
Contributor

The problem with them flashing by is that you may never see them if you’re not looking directly at your television and then when they do they flash by so quickly you can’t read the entire notification.