Community Forum

When will Xfinity bandwidth on popular servers be increased to meet demand?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

When will Xfinity bandwidth on popular servers be increased to meet demand?

I'm hooked to a Days Inn Comcast Business wifi with 25Mbps down and 3Mbps up at full scale signal on 802.11N from an Alfa 2W wifi adapter and a gamer laptop to die for.  IT ISN'T ME.  This moment, I can play 1080p videos from youtube and other sources without interruptions and lockups.  Let's look at Xfinity....

I'd like to watch the Fox Sports 1 channel's baseball game at full, high speed, HD at 7PM Sat night.  But, alas, on Xfinity I have two choices...Low resolution plays and only locks up every half minute as it runs out of data from the poor servers assigned to FS1.  Switching to "High" nets me 1 HD frame every 3.8 seconds.  The ball game is now a series of still frames as the overloaded server cannot feed the paying customers at that level, on this channel.  HD commercials, of course, from another ad server, has LOTS of bandwidth, ALWAYS on Xfinity Online.  Obviously, this is crazy and unacceptable.  Please don't reply and point to my equipment.  It's not Days Inn, either, as any 1080p youtube and other video servers plays without hesitation.  The hotel is nearly empty.  Its bandwidth is mine.

Scanning the other "usual suspects" of horrible streaming service on Xfinity, I get:

ESPN will never connect and show programming on the Xfinity website.  ESPN's espn.go.com website plays about 80% of its overloaded content on any program that's not really important.  It always fails or hesitates crazily on important major sports events ESPN presents.  If you want to watch girl's softball from some college you never heard of, ESPN plays fine.  ESPN has the same server overload issues as Xfinity, but not nearly as bad.

Other overloaded servers give similar results....balky, locking up, buffer-play 10 seconds-buffer-play 10 seconds....USELESS.  This isn't a cry for help from a newby.  I was a computer dealer since 1979 and remember ARPANET before Internet.  Switching browsers and operating systems gives the same silly results.......XFINITY NEEDS MORE SERVERS AND BANDWIDTH!

Contributor

Re: When will Xfinity bandwidth on popular servers be increased to meet demand?

Look at the 5/11/2014 date I posted this obvious deficiency.

Look at the date 8/31/2014 of this message and NO RESPONSE from Comcast....ZERO.

Very telling.  NObody cares.

New Poster

Re: When will Xfinity bandwidth on popular servers be increased to meet demand?

SERVICE UPDATE: Your speed has increased   Sent By: Sent By XFINITY   On:Apr 04/17/14 12:27 PM To: To xxxxxxx@comcast.net Reply to: Reply to XFINITY

xfinity's speed test:
IPv4 ping 20ms download 18.14pbps peak 21.78 mbps
upload 10.01 mbps peak 10.42 mbps
IPv6 21ms  23.13 mbps peak 24.56 mbps 
upload 942 mbps  peak 10.10 mbps

AT and T:  download  MP3 file 5mb 2 sec
video clip 35mb 13 sec
upload email attachment 1 mb 1 sec
photo gallery 8 mb 7 sec

Download speeds 23.28,

upload 10.11 mbps

I've exchanged the modem at least three times and gone through at least 5 routers upgrading more and more expensive each time! I even bought an extender for the router.   I've lost count how many computers I have gone through.  Comcast sent a technician and they said it was my computer since their's was working fine!  I had to pay 50.00 for that stupid visit.

This is my letter informing me my speed increased.  It actually got worse!

Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! We've increased your Internet speed!

We increased the speed of your Blast Internet service! You now have download speeds up to 105 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps.

What does this mean for you? You now have more speed so everyone can get online and do more on their devices all at the same time. Stream HD movies and TV shows, download music and game online – all at faster speeds. It's just another way we're continuing to keep you connected to the people and entertainment you care about.

Sincerely,

Comcast