Community Forum

When will Comcast support the TV app for the Kindle Fire?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

When will Comcast support the TV app for the Kindle Fire?

I'm a bit disappointed that the Kindle Fire can't play TV from my xfinity account. I can watch TV from Amazon's cloud on it...but Amazon Prime is quite lame.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: When will Comcast support the TV app for the Kindle Fire?

fi_sacto wrote:

I'm a bit disappointed that the Kindle Fire can't play TV from my xfinity account. I can watch TV from Amazon's cloud on it...but Amazon Prime is quite lame.

We are actively working on making this available in the Kindle Market in the near future. Please keep checking back to this board for updates.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Silver Problem Solver

The kindle fire is not a true android tablet, it is meant to work with amazon content only using the amazon store, it runs a custom android version.  the only way to get around this is to root it (jail break) it.

No android tablet lets you watch tv or on demand with comcast that functionality is currently only available for apple products and even there its on demand only.

New Poster

Great News!  A great many of us are anxiously awaiting the Kindle Fire version to be available!

New Poster

Are we there yet?

New Poster

Any update on expected availability date?

Silver Problem Solver

Just so you know even the android tablet cannot play anyting from comcast, its just used to change channels and view tv listings.  Only apps that are on amazon are approved for the fire unless you root it. 

New Poster

Any update yet?

New Poster

2 months later still no news??

Silver Problem Solver

Apple just lowered the price of the ipad 2 today to 399.  75% of the tablet market is controlled by apple I guess you put your resources where the majority are.

Official Employee

RikkiW wrote:

2 months later still no news??

We are actively working on making this available in the Kindle Market. I am sorry but I do not have a timetable or launch date for the Xfinity Tv App for the Kindle.

Once I know more, I will update this thread and board.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I don't think they're going to develop an xfinity ap for kindle.  Amazon has their own streaming service and xfinity has their streampix now, so I don't see xfinity making it easier for us to have access to the competitions content.  

New Poster

Hey!  When will this happen?  We love our Fires & we love our xfinity app on our other devices, like android phone & ipod touches.  Please, Please, Please :-)

New Poster

Add me to the list of Kindle users waiting for a Xfinity Streaming App.

New Poster

There's no intention of supporting the Fire, is there.

I almost have my wife ready to kill the cable TV.

We have so little time for TV these days, and when we do actually sit for a bit, the time's wasted looking for something to watch or watching commercials. 

The hold-out was the promise of On Demand, but that's become a weak offering as well, over-populated as it is with Reality Shows and limited time availabilities.

We're tired of what's supposed to pass as News programs, tired of supporting MSNBC and their ilk, tired of supporting ESPN and paying the likes of Mike Tyson to rant about viciously violating women whose politics he doesn't like while the hosts sit and chuckle.

In the cost/ benefit analysis, there is little left to like about cable TV programming. And if you insist on denying On Demand access based on viewing device, there's none.

New Poster

Wow, I feel the same way. Pay so much for cable and spend most of it watching commercials. Drives me nuts.
New Poster

I'm guessing that by now you have given up any intention of supporting the KindleFire or KindleFireHD.