Community Forum

When I convert to X1 will I lose all my saved DVR recordings?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

When I convert to X1 will I lose all my saved DVR recordings?

I just got the x1 box. When I convert will I lose all my saved dvr recordings?

Expert

Re: When I convert to X1 will I lose all my saved DVR recordings?

@151836 wrote:

I just got the x1 box. When I convert will I lose all my saved dvr recordings?

use a PC or smart phone or tablet to see your contents of the cloud DVR. those recordings will be available from the Cloud DVR when you convert. the 'missing' ones are only on the DVR. You could use that DVR on one of your outlets (rental days apply) to watch the recordings not on the cloud DVR until you are ready to return the old DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

When I look on my PC it says I have no recordings...is there a way to move the recordings I have on my current box to the cloud? My current box is 60% full, so I have a lot that I don't want to lose.

Official Employee

Yes, going from a Legacy DVR to an X1 DVR, you will lose everything. You’ll be starting over fresh
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

@151836 wrote:

When I look on my PC it says I have no recordings...is there a way to move the recordings I have on my current box to the cloud? My current box is 60% full, so I have a lot that I don't want to lose.

since legacy DVR you can keep it and watch it til it is empty. If i recall when the box is up it doesn't need a coax connection to playback recordings. also be sure to write down your current list of series that you have (note the day of week, time, and network channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks...I'll keep it hooked up to a separate HDMI pluig in until empty and then return it