Community Forum

What tier is required for the SEC Network?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

What tier is required for the SEC Network?

Comcast Teds said in a 7/22 post that it would be digital starter package inside the SEC footprint.  I just tried to get it for my 83 year old mom who lives in MSand the online agent said mother would would digital preferred package. That's a much more expensive package and the only thing she's interested in is getting her SEC Football. Will either digital package require a non DVR digital box??

Could I please get a definitive answer for this. I'm trying to get her all fixed before the 8/14 launch of the new SEC Network.

Regular Contributor

Re: What tier is required for the SEC Network?

Could I please get an answer to this?? I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have this question in the next couple of weeks.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@class77 wrote:

Could I please get an answer to this?? I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have this question in the next couple of weeks.

Apologies for any incorrect information you may have received. 

The below answer is still correct, thanks! 

The majority of our cable systems will begin rolling out SEC Network in August to both SD and HD customers. 

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Additional details will be provided as they become available. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

class77, you shouldn't have to "do" anything for her.  The channel should appear in the line up when it is rolled out.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@Again wrote:

class77, you shouldn't have to "do" anything for her.  The channel should appear in the line up when it is rolled out.

My mom doesn't have either a digital package, either the starter or preferred. To the best of my knowledge, she only has a basic SD cable on her basic analog TV set. If she doesn't have the package, she's not going to have the channel when it rolls out.

As I said, the online agent gave me incorrect information. I'm just trying to get the right information so I can be an advocate for my 83 year old mom to get her the correct package and the box for her beloved SEC football. She can't attend the game anymore because of her health, but she refuses to miss a game that's on TV.

Expert

class77, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.  Thank you for the clarification.

I'm glad your mom is still an avid footbal fan.  I hope she is able to enjoy SEC football for many years to come!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Is it going to be available in the Washington, DC area?

Regular Contributor

@jadkins9529 wrote:

Is it going to be available in the Washington, DC area?

Sounds like it will be in the Digital Preferred package because you're outside the SEC footprint, but it will be available nationwide on Aug. 14.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking...I would think they would cover the northeastern market...I've got HD preferred in addition to a sports package so hopefully I'm in...

New Poster

I hope you are correct and it wil be on the digitla preferred COMCAST tier of channels- I live in CO - used to live in Fayettevile, AR and worked at U of A - so still am a big Razorback and SEC fan.  We have COMCAST DIgital starter here - I will upgrade to preferred if it will be there.  But last night in an online chat with a COMCAST customer service agent I was told it would only be available on the COMCAST Premier tier of channels.  Way too expensive for my tastes.  A few other articles I have seen online from sports publications from late July indicated the information that was related here - of being on the preferred tier outside of the SEC conference region.  I guess I will find out Thursday this week.