Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

What set top tv boxes are available from xfinity other than X1 boxes?

Contributor

What set top tv boxes are available from xfinity other than X1 boxes?

I have a Motorola set top box in the upstairs bedroom that either tiles and goes black and alternativy will always say "Channel will be available shorty and doesn't come on for hours.  The tech came to the house and checked everything, said I needed a new box but didn't have one on the truck.

I do NOT want DVR or recording, I just want a box like the one I have,  that works.

1. What other box can I get from xfinity that are not X1.

I just want the cable TV to work.  That's all. I don't want a sales pitch.

2. Can I do the box exchange at the local comcast office which is in my town, or does getting a new box mean they have to send it to me in the mail?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: What set top tv boxes are available from xfinity other than X1 boxes?

Danica123 wrote:

I have a Motorola set top box in the upstairs bedroom that either tiles and goes black and alternativy will always say "Channel will be available shorty and doesn't come on for hours.  The tech came to the house and checked everything, said I needed a new box but didn't have one on the truck.

I do NOT want DVR or recording, I just want a box like the one I have,  that works.

2. Can I do the box exchange at the local comcast office which is in my town, or does getting a new box mean they have to send it to me in the mail?

The fastest fix is for you to bring the old box to your local Service Center and swap it out there for what you want.  

All Replies
Expert

Danica123 wrote:

The fastest fix is for you to bring the old box to your local Service Center and swap it out there for what you want.  

Official Employee

Hi Danica123, the information that (geek46) shared is correct. You would just need to the your old equipment into a local Comcast service center and they can give you a cable box compatible to the one you currently have now. If you need assistance find a service center near you please reach back out to me here or you can always go online and get the information there as well.