Community Forum

What's up with USA NETWORK and COMCAST??? Can't watch favorite shows online...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

What's up with USA NETWORK and COMCAST??? Can't watch favorite shows online...

What's the big deal with USA and comcast not partnering up. I subscribe to Xfinity and can't see any of the current season episodes of various shows. Whereas, before I was able to. It's absolutely ridiculous that there isn't some sort of agreement between the two companies. I may have to drop Xfinity if I can't access the content I want when away from home. It is extremely infuriating! Rally for a change....

Gold Problem Solver

Re: What's up with USA NETWORK and COMCAST??? Can't watch favorite shows online...

What are you trying to watch and what problem are you having?

New Poster

Re: What's up with USA NETWORK and COMCAST??? Can't watch favorite shows online...

Problem is that when you try to select your "provider" on USA Networks' website, Comcast is not listed.  There are mirad other providers, but not Comcast...  What gives?

Gold Problem Solver

Is "Xfinity" listed?

New Poster

Nope, neither is there.  For some shows it's only the most recent episode (they claim it's only for the day after broadcast but this isn't true) and for others, like Burn Notice, it's almost the whole season.

New Poster

I'm really bummed about this too.  I can't catch up on Burn Notice now!

Regular Visitor

I'm having a similar problem with USA Network shows, including Covert Affairs and Royal Pains. When try to play them on the USA Network site with my Xfinity log-in, the show is available, but then errors out and won't display. When I try to watch them on the Comcast site, they also error out.

I've emailed USA Network about this and have gotten no reponse. I put in a problem ticket with Comcast and they never responded. Hulu told me that USA Network is having an issue with the online rights to their shows, but that's just hearsay. It's frustrating that I can't watch my favorite shows.

The are available on Amazon, but the fees are exhobitant, in my opinion.

New Poster

When I try to watch their shows on the Xfinity site, I get bombared by a ridiculous amounts of ads, then the video never resumes, it just freezes.... Doesn't happen with other content. What gives?

New Poster

I am experiencing the same exact problem Voli is having. I've tried on multiple networks, multiple browsers, both Win 8 and OSX and I'm still experiencing the same problem. After several minutes of ads, the video re-sizes and then freezes.

Happens every time, including after attempting to refresh the page. Refreshing gets the video going again from the start, however if you skip forward or wait until the commercials come up again, it freezes.

I'm sick of the comcast run-around, and don't see a fix for this coming any time soon... 

Contributor

First of all, under the list of providers, check for "view all".  Xfinity IS listed.... secondly, it has always worked for me... must be your browser.  I have gotten it to work on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Contributor

Regular Visitor

Internet Explorer is more problematic than Firefox in my experience.

I keep the Flash player up to date, so that definately isn't the problem. Unless a new version of Flash causes these videos not to work.

Regular Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem, I've been watching the USA show Suits since the new season started and I haven't had a problem up until now. Starting this week it keeps getting stuck at the end of commercials. I gave up using FireFox for watching shows on the Xfinity website back in May because there just seems to be more problems in FireFox and I'm currently using IE 10.0 (on Windows 8) with the baked in Flash version 11.8.800.94 which is the most recent available for IE 10. Earlier in the week I was trying to watch the episode "She's Mine" and I was only able to watch the opening intro and the theme and credits and it got stuck after that no matter how many times I hit refresh and resume and no matter how long I waited on the stuck commercial.

Today for the first time I was able to get past that to the next segment and at the end of that when commercials finished and it seemed like it was going to play the next segment of the show it got stuck again. And I'm having the same issue no matter how many times I refresh and resume it gets stuck and won't continue.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

Thats odd because I found back in May that for me FireFox had many more problems. Half the shows I tried to watch had that crazy 900|bla bla bla error and I tried IE and after that I didn't have any of those types of errors. To be fair I haven't tried FireFox since that time and I'm sure there's been at least two new releases since then, I'll give it another try and post back with what happens.

- Norm

Regular Visitor

I'm on Windows 7 Pro with the latest edition of both IE and Firefox, as well as the latest Flash plug-in.

Last night I tried to watch Royal Pains on the Xfinity site in IE and got that 900 error. I went to the USA Network site, authenticated as an Xfinity client and was able to watch the show.

It's such a pain though. It seems like nothing works consistently and I'm spending a bunch of time trying to figure out which site to use in which browser. I wish it would just work, so I could relax and watch a show.

I haven't had a problem with the ads, once I get the show to play.

New Poster

I am having the same problem this week when last week everything was okay.  I can get some stations but not others (I.e USA)