Community Forum

What is the best way to complain to Comcast about missing shows on On Demand?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert
Moved:

Re: What is the best way to complain to Comcast about missing shows on On Demand?

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: What is the best way to complain to Comcast about missing shows on On Demand?

Official Employee

sbwinter2 wrote:

I am so sick of Comcast not providing shows On Demand. Either someone needs to be fired or more people need to be hired.

All too often, a show is NOT available the next day. Or, it is there in SD, but not in HD. And sometimes, the show really is there, but not when you browse through the offerings. You can find it by searching for the show or using the Watchlist. That is just shameful.

A few days ago, I wanted to watch The Last Kingdom. For some stupid reason, they had episode 2 there, even though it doesn't air until this weekend, but no episode 1, which aired a few days prior to my search. What dummy loaded the wrong episode? Both were available online, but I want to watch on my TV not the small screen. I ended up having to use the browser though an appletv. Not HD that I wanted though.

In today's case, I want to watch Fargo, which aired yesterday. It is NOWHERE to be found On Demand, even through manual search. The website indicates that it shoud be there though, but even why I try to use the "watch on tv" link from the browser, nothing happens because some moron forgot to load the shows.

Comcast needs to get its act together. Next day means next day, and that includes HD and SD. What is the best way to let them know they are not doing a good job?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above with on Demand. I have shared your above feedback directly with our On Demand team.

I have asked that our On Demand team review and resolve the specific programs that you identified above with The Last Kingdom and Fargo so we can get that corrected.

Thanks for your feedback and thanks for your patience.

Frequent Visitor

And yet another example...Trying to watch episode 2 of a show, or maybe it's episode 1 and there was a season preview episode, listings differ in description, but basically in SD only episode 1 (or preview) is listed whereas in HD listing both are listed (listed as ep 1 and 2) so again, we know you HAVE the content but are not updating or putting the links in the OD menus.

Again...in a performance review this would come under the heading of "Attention To Detail."

Frequent Visitor

Just an addendum, apparently Ep 3 is available on the xfinity on demand website/page so again it looks like I'm relegated to watching on my laptop.  Again, it IS available...you have the content.  It just isn't being placed where is needs to be in all locations.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, there is definitely a problem with attention to detail.

I watched BBCA's Last Kingdom Eps 1 & 2 but 3 that aired last Saturday was not posted in the SD section but IS posted in the HD section.  Now, after last night's Ep 4 airing, it is showing up on both SD and HD but Ep 3 is still not listed.  Quite a bit of a problem for a serialized show.  Here, let me just tear chapter 3 out of a book and continue reading.

There have been similar problems with an episode of Doctor Who not posting until the subsequent episode posted, so a week late, and an episode of Scorpion I had to watch on my laptop on CBS's website because after a week the episode still wasn't posted.

Regular Contributor

Here is another example of where the error is clearly Comcast's neglegence and has nothing to do  with the third party.

I am watching Fargo Season 2 OnDemand because Mountain Time gets the west feed which makes the show air too late to watch live. If I browse through the the alpha TV Shows, under Fargo, only season 1 is there. But, if I browse through the networks list, to FX and then to Fargo, there are the season 2 episodes. Why are they missing from the other browse results? Because someone at Comcast forgot to put them there. Comcast may receive the shows from the third-party who receives them from the network, but it is their job to integrate them into their OnDemand listings so that people can find them in order to watch them.

Problem Solver

Exactly, if Comcast complains to the content producers about availability or price they just remove the content and Comcast gets blamed. Now if Comcast does not complain about the content to the providers they get blamed. Comcast can't win either way. All they can do is during contract negotiations try to get as much content as they can.

Problem Solver

Reality is why would Comcast get involved unless there is significant complaints regarding indemand. If people didn't like what was on ABC should Comcast call ABC?  Comcast is a conduit for third party video providers.  I know you don't like Comcast but lets be realistic.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastMarla wrote: ... You do have the option to visit the iN DEMAND LLC.’s website to voice your concerns. If you would like to do so, please visit http://www.indemand.com/contact/.

The poster should probably do that, but why can't Comcast do that also? After all, Comcast is the multi-billion dollar customer/part owner of In Demand. The poster is a customer of Comcast, not of In Demand. Lawyers might say there is a "lack of privity". The poster is probably not a multi-billion corporation either.

Not your job? Not your assignment? GET OVER IT!!! FIND A WAY TO HELP!!!

Posting excuses is NOT "helping".

Regular Contributor

ComcastMarla wrote:

Hi sbwinter2,

I understand that you are concerned about what is shown on On Demand. The On Demand channel and its associated programming are owned by iN DEMAND LLC., a third-party network that provides the On Demand service to cable networks across the United States. This company is responsible for what is shown through Comcast as far as programing are concerned. Comcast is merely the avenue through which the On Demand services are provided to customers.  You do have the option to visit the iN DEMAND LLC.’s website to voice your concerns. If you would like to do so, please visit http://www.indemand.com/contact/.

@ComcastMaria

Comcast through Comcast iNDEMAND Holdings Inc. is co-owner (see below) of iN DEMAND along with three other cable providers therefore iN DEMAND is not a third-party network but more a subsidiary of Comcast which would have control over how iN DEMAND operates.

From Wikipedia — In Demand (semi-capitalized as a trademark as iN DEMAND) is a TV network that provides pay-per-view (PPV) and subscription video-on-demand (VOD) services. Comcast, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, and Advance/Newhouse jointly own iN DEMAND.[2]

iN DEMAND — Owned by iN DEMAND L.L.C. (Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., & Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership)

Regular Contributor

Thanks. That is what I was asking for.

It is similar for the guide listings - I know Comcast gets them from a third-party, and there are errors, so I have asked who I can communicate with to share those errors (although that provider wouldn't correct them either).

I do know that some of the On Demand problem is Comcast and not the third -party though because of discussions I have had with networks. Just thought you should at least know that too.

Problem Solver

Hi sbwinter2,

I understand that you are concerned about what is shown on On Demand. The On Demand channel and its associated programming are owned by iN DEMAND LLC., a third-party network that provides the On Demand service to cable networks across the United States. This company is responsible for what is shown through Comcast as far as programing are concerned. Comcast is merely the avenue through which the On Demand services are provided to customers.  You do have the option to visit the iN DEMAND LLC.’s website to voice your concerns. If you would like to do so, please visit http://www.indemand.com/contact/.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I know that the networks determine when a show can be put on On Demand. COmcast is just not putting them up. Often the website says a show is available On Demand on the TV, but you cannot find it when you search or browse because someone forgot to put it there. Or Comcast put the wrong episode up (Like when they put the unaired second episode of Last Kingdom instead of the first one that just aired). Or a network will advertise that the show is available On Demand, but Comcast hasn't put it up yet. This is what I m talking about, and it is 100% Comcast's fault because the networks have provided their shows to Comcast.

Comcast also disregards what the local broadcasters want available. Our local PBS has been trying to get Comcast to show their SD station in letterbox for years, but they said Comcast won't do it. I spoke to their technical engineer. I akso know that they provide shows, like Masterpiece, the next day, and Comcast does not make them available until as late as the end of the week sometimes. So clearly, Comcast is at fault again.

How can this be resolved so Comcast is actually doing what the networks want?

Problem Solver

Hello sbwinter2,

@barbie123 is correct. I understand you have some concerns regarding the cable programming. Here at Comcast, we broadcast what the network provides to us. The networks (such as Discovery Channel, Comedy Central, and HBO), determine which programming to make available on the channel itself. Comcast has no say or control of what the network chooses to air. You do have the option to voice your opinion by writing the network itself or going to the network’s website.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast can only put "On Demand" what the networks provide them.

You will have to complain to each network.

Regular Contributor

What is the best way to complain to Comcast about missing shows on On Demand?

I am so sick of Comcast not providing shows On Demand. Either someone needs to be fired or more people need to be hired.

All too often, a show is NOT available the next day. Or, it is there in SD, but not in HD. And sometimes, the show really is there, but not when you browse through the offerings. You can find it by searching for the show or using the Watchlist. That is just shameful.

A few days ago, I wanted to watch The Last Kingdom. For some stupid reason, they had episode 2 there, even though it doesn't air until this weekend, but no episode 1, which aired a few days prior to my search. What dummy loaded the wrong episode? Both were available online, but I want to watch on my TV not the small screen. I ended up having to use the browser though an appletv. Not HD that I wanted though.

In today's case, I want to watch Fargo, which aired yesterday. It is NOWHERE to be found On Demand, even through manual search. The website indicates that it shoud be there though, but even why I try to use the "watch on tv" link from the browser, nothing happens because some moron forgot to load the shows.

Comcast needs to get its act together. Next day means next day, and that includes HD and SD. What is the best way to let them know they are not doing a good job?