Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What is Comcast thinking?!?! $10 AnyPlay/month?

New Poster

What is Comcast thinking?!?! $10 AnyPlay/month?

In a world where companies are usually trying to bring more value to differentiate themselves, Comcast is regressing. After changing our username to "@comcast.net" without warning or notice (I really wanted to play tech support all afternoon, thanks), then I find out that after getting cable, phone, and internet from Comcast, they expect me to pay $10 per month to watch it on my iPad? 

Seriously?!? This is such a mistake on Comcast's part. If this terrible money-grubbing idea doesn't get revoked, I am going to become a cable-cutter. You already charge me an arm and a leg for terrible customer service (see above), you want to nickle and dime me for each and every screen in the house?!?

I hope Comcast has figured out what it costs them to attract a new customer, and what an upset customer costs them in negative marketing, because I am extremely unhappy about this. Interesting, given the Century Link folks just came knocking yesterday!

Whatever executive genius decided Comcast should have 10 different apps, and charge for mobile streaming (even while at home) should be quietly fired. Can anyone say "Netflix and Quickster?"

New Poster

Re: What is Comcast thinking?!?! $10 AnyPlay/month?

I use the xfinity player app... It never charged me anything extra to use my ipad. Not sure what app you are using, but I would not pay anything extra to use my ipad, for the services I already pay top dollar for!! My bill runs $187 a month (taxes and surcharges included) for tv and internet.. Obsurd!! Not the fancy hd boxes, nothing fancy.. I have a little over 100 channels and only 2 cable boxes! I admit, i went from basic cable to upgraded cable, only trying to save money... 4 years ago. My cable bill has gotten more expensive every year for the same exact services. If comcast gets anymore expensive, I will be forced to become a centurylink customer as well. I mean really... I cannot believe comcast raises the rates for their loyal customers, and offers these supposed fabulous packages (for only 6 months) for new customers that come and go, or better yet, the ones who just change the persons name the account is signed up under, every 6 months, after the promotional prices end! I do not see how it is even legal to charge one customer 69.99 for cable and internet, and turn around and charge their next door neighbor, more than DOUBLE for the same exact services eventhough they are an over 10yr loyal customer!! This should be ILLEGAL IN ALL 50 states!! We need to start a nationwide petition, how is this legal?! This is robbery to the loyal customers... Is this the superior customer service that they so proudly and falsly advertise!?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation