Community Forum

What happened to RFD TV in the Chattanooga TN area?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

What happened to RFD TV in the Chattanooga TN area?

What happened to RFD TV in the Chattanooga TN area? I haven't seen anything about them being dropped from the lineup. Xfinity usually posts these things on their bill so customers are not surprised when it happens but I haven't seen anything??? When my parents moved here 3 years ago THAT was the only reason I stayed with Comcast(Xfinity)!

New Poster

Re: What happened to RFD TV in the Chattanooga TN area?

we live in SW FLORIDA. Just called RFD because disappeared from our channels. RFD said that 3 DAYS AGO Comcast dropped them. We just renewed SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE COMCAST HAD RFD!!!!

Admin1

Hi kimberliep & Des1611 -- RFD TV is no longer carried in our TV lineups. We had an announcement listed in our February statements. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It seems Comcast dropped RFDtv here in central Florida Wednesday evening in the middle of my watching a program. Notice popped up saying a sports channel required a subscription. I contacted customer support and was told that my receiver needed a reset. As that did not solve my problem, I am setting up two additional Roku sticks and have picked my Sling TV package for when I have all three TVs ready. Fortunately my Comcast contract will expire in August so it will be renewed for WiFi and basic tv only. Saving lots and actually able to pick the channels we like without packages filled with useless (to us) junk. Thanking Comcast executives for reminding me there were other options out there!

New Poster

Comcastzach, where was this February announcement? Was it an email, posted on the website, or sent in the mail? My parents are 81 and 87 years old and this account is my dad's, who is 87. Please be specific regarding where it was posted. If it was not sent in the mail (snail) there's absolutely no way my parents were to have known. My dad doesn't know how to use a computer. 

We had the opportunity to switch cable providers. I called Comcast and told them the 2 reasons we'd stay, one of which was rfd. I wasn't informed that we were losing RFD so we stuck by you despite having our tv locking up and rebooting itself MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY . If we'd have known RFD was being cancelled we would have gone with the other provider.

Again, please tell me specifically where this was posted.