Community Forum

What does the Zoom setting do?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

What does the Zoom setting do?

With my X1 system I can choose Settings/Device settings/Video display/Zoom.  There is a choice of none or full for Zoom.  I see no difference between the two choices.

What is the purpose/use for this control?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: What does the Zoom setting do?

It stretches the image to fill the screen side to side on NON-HD channels. I leave mine in full all of the time.

Bob999 wrote:

With my X1 system I can choose Settings/Device settings/Video display/Zoom.  There is a choice of none or full for Zoom.  I see no difference between the two choices.

What is the purpose/use for this control?

Contributor

FYI while it does streach the picture to fill the screen it does not do it evenly.  When all it does is streach the from left to right you end up with a distorted fun house mirror picture, I find this to be distracting and not desireable.  I would suggest leaving it off and only activating it on a case by case basis.  If you have one of tbese newer flat screens they, for the most part, have a built in zoom feature  that evenly inflates the picture without distortion (left to right and top to bottom).  Happy viewing folks......

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Thanks bear.

I found an option on my samsung that I bought last year that stretches the screen perfectly and actually looks better you da man dawg!

I actually found a custom zoom option and it looks absoulutley fabolous

Gold Problem Solver

Actually,

As a matter of principle, I refuse to watch SD channels. I have my X1 guide filtered to HD only so the zoom setting is meaningless.
Contributor

Re: Blocking pay pers or "Not free to me" from the onscreen guide

I've done the same thing but for some reason some of my HD channels still come in smaller that the screen for god knows what reason..  Doesn't make any sense to me but that's the way it is here..

Contributor

I am unbelievably happy to have helped you out to that degree of enthusiasm. Enjoy my friend

Official Employee

Re: Blocking pay pers or "Not free to me" from the onscreen guide

rthbear wrote:

I've done the same thing but for some reason some of my HD channels still come in smaller that the screen for god knows what reason..  Doesn't make any sense to me but that's the way it is here..

Are those HD channels actually broadcasting shows in HD? Examples...