Community Forum

Weather Scan Channel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Weather Scan Channel

So very sad that Weather Scan Channel was taken off, it is one of the best animated programs out there.  Always the most accurate weather without a lot of side things which are not interesting.  I truly hope you and Weather Scan Channel can come to an agreement.  Weather Scan Channel is one reason why we chose Comcast over Direct TV.Some programs that are out there I would not spend a dime for.

Expert

Re: Weather Scan Channel

wc9 wrote:

So very sad that Weather Scan Channel was taken off, it is one of the best animated programs out there.  Always the most accurate weather without a lot of side things which are not interesting.  I truly hope you and Weather Scan Channel can come to an agreement.  Weather Scan Channel is one reason why we chose Comcast over Direct TV.Some programs that are out there I would not spend a dime for.

Comcast* owns the Weather Scan Channel, along with The Weather Channel.  It was a business decision to drop Weather Scan.

*Comcast [NBCUniversal], along with The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I am quite sure it was a business decision and since Comcast owns both the weather channel and the Weather Scan Channel, it would still be nice to just let the little Weather Scan Channel just tag along, there are many of us out here who truly enjoy the Weather Scan Channel.  The other night we put on the Weather Channel and yes, running along the bottom of the screen was the temperature, etc , however, the main story in big bold picture was about how to survive in the desert, really!? it is the middle of winter, people are not concerned with how to survive in the desert.  Reallyt is a shame that everything comes down to business, especially since so many people enjoy the Weather Scan Channel.

Official Employee

I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I was so sorry to see Weather Scan channel taken on the programming.  The other weather channel is hard to see,  doesn't have my local weather information, and you have to wait to get anything local which is miles away!   And why can't you check the kudos on these messages?   And the links at the top don't work.   I chatted and after I typed my message, the window disappeared!   They are hiding behind their cubicles!!!

Regular Visitor

Business decision!   Baloney - it's just so we watch the other weather channel with ads!   And why are there ads in the On Demand programming?   They were run before.   And most of the On Demand programs are "for sale" ha!!!