Community Forum

WHEN WILL I START RECEIVING 4K TV IN MY AREA, AND WHAT SHOWS ARE ALREADY IN 4K?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: WHEN WILL I START RECEIVING 4K TV IN MY AREA, AND WHAT SHOWS ARE ALREADY IN 4K?

THANKS ROBERTWY & MNTUNDRA FOR YOUR HELP. I`M VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW SAMSUNG SMART HUB 4K UHD HDR TV, & NEW UPDATED GIG WIFI ROUTER, & XG1v4 CABLE SET TOP. NETFLIX & YOUTUBE ARE GREAT. DID RESEARCH ON LINE & FOUND OUT THE DISHES ARE GETTING MORE MLB GAMES IN 4K. A LOT OF THE BROADCAST TRUCKS ARE STARTING TO SETUP FOR 4K BROADCAST. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT ABOUT MORE 4K BROADCAST ON SPORTS: MLB,NASCAR,NFL. THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT. SALAMANDER1.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: WHEN WILL I START RECEIVING 4K TV IN MY AREA, AND WHAT SHOWS ARE ALREADY IN 4K?

There has been no annoucement when mainstream television starts broadcasting in 4k.  At this time, 4k TV's are best used with a 4k DVD player.  And if the 4k TV has apps like YouTube and Netflix, there really is no need for the 4k DVR.  I have two, and one is being used with my bluetooth headphones late at night.

Special broadcasts like the Olympics will get lots of press, so you should be able to find them.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU ROBERTWY &  MNTUNDRA FOR YOUR INPUT. IT`S PRETTY MUCH WHAT I`VE ASSUMED AFTER DOING ALL OF THE FORUM RESEARCH. MY TV IS THE NEW SAMSUNG SMART HUB 4K UHD HDR. YOU DO NEED TO PURCHASE  THE 2.0 HDMI CABLE, FOR BETTER SPEED & QUALITY, DOES NOT COME WITH NEW TV. ALL THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU DO NEED THE NEW 4K TV`S TO RECIEVE & THE NEW XG1v4-- WHICH IS A DVR BOX. MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN ANSWER THIS FOR ME: I HEARD ON TV THAT THEIR MIGHT BE 1 MLB BASEBALL GAME A WEEK THAT WOULD BE IN 4K? DID SEE AN OLYMPIC COMMERICAL 4K THAT WAS AWESUM! I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO SOME OF MY RETIRED NEIGHBORS THAT THE HAVE TO GET NEW 4K TV & BOXES. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. SALAMANDER1. PS: PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW IT`S A WASTE OF TIME TRYING TO GET THE NEW XG1v4 BOX AT THE STORES. JUST ORDER SELF INSTALL KIT, EASY SETUP. YOU`LL BE WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME, & YOU WON`T HAVE TO PAY FOR A SERVICE CALL.

Expert

Right now you would be better off using the apps built into your television. "You Tube" is mostly free (charge for You Tube Red). Just use 4K menu, or better yet, use the Search feature typing: "UHD", "HDR", 4K, 8K, etc. There are 1000's of hours to be found there which are free. "Netflix" will most likely work better using the tv's app for now. Plenty of other apps with 1080p (Blue-ray quality) and also 4k for a price.

It still could be 1+ years before 4K reaches "Over the air" or linear cable, with any network 4K programing. Right now only location is IPV through use of 4K apps. Satellite is very limited and expensive.

Silver Problem Solver

There is only Netlix 4k at this time; I had to sign into my www.netflix.com account and change the service to 4k.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

WHEN WILL I START RECEIVING 4K TV IN MY AREA, AND WHAT SHOWS ARE ALREADY IN 4K?

WHEN IS THE PROJECTED DATE TO START RECEIVING 4K IN MASSACHUSETTS AREA? I`M ALREADY SETUP WITH XGIv4 & EXTENDER BOXES.