Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Voice remote with multiple devices

Highlighted
New Poster

Voice remote with multiple devices

I am trying to set up our new voice remote to control the volume on our tv and the volume on our sound bar. When I program one it works just fine but when I program the second one it seems to overwrite the first so it doesn't work anymore. I can only get one or the other to work. Is there a way to set it to control multiple devices? Who only has a TV and DVR anymore? The old remote had the buttons for multiple devices at the top.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Voice remote with multiple devices

Machfun wrote:
I am trying to set up our new voice remote to control the volume on our tv and the volume on our sound bar. When I program one it works just fine but when I program the second one it seems to overwrite the first so it doesn't work anymore. I can only get one or the other to work. Is there a way to set it to control multiple devices? Who only has a TV and DVR anymore? The old remote had the buttons for multiple devices at the top.

Have you paired the remote to the dvr (press etup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code) and follow the on screen instructions?

All Replies
Official Employee

Machfun wrote:

Have you paired the remote to the dvr (press etup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code) and follow the on screen instructions?

New Poster

Just got the new comcast voice remote today.  Same exact issue!  someone please help!

New Poster

yes we have tried this several times.  I still only have either TV or audio.  whats the deal?

Expert

I believe the answer is you can control either but not both.

The X1 remotes can only control one sound source.

New Poster

Yes, I did that. It's one or the other apparently.
Official Employee
Moved: