Community Forum

Voice Remote Increase/Decreases Volume on Vizio Soundbar by 2 steps (not 1)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Voice Remote Increase/Decreases Volume on Vizio Soundbar by 2 steps (not 1)

Can you provide a little more detail on how you did this. If I go through the setup and configure the TV but say no to the audio device it just makes the TV change the volume and not the soundbar. Do you have CEC configured on your TV?

New Poster

I never found a solution to fixing the signal to the soundbar.  I have a Vizio tv as well, and when you control the volume on the tv (have the tv speaker turned off), it passes through to control the soundbar volume.  So I just disconnected the X1 remote from the soundbar and it tells the vizio tv to volume up/down, which in turn passes it to the soundbar.

That's the only solution I found that works.

Regular Contributor

Also use Vizio soundbar 4251wb4 with X1 dvr. Yes the increments are standard. Use to use with Tivo Premiere XL worked better with volume but had major problems with popping sounds when fast forwarding thru commercials.
Contributor

I'm having this same issue with my Vizio sound bar.  I've been a Harmony user for many years, but the voice features of the X1 remote outweighs the customization available with my Harmony.  The only downside is the volume control as described by the OP.   

Gold Problem Solver

You need to try every Vizio remote code listed here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

If that doesn't help you may be out of luck. The X1 remotes are not very "smart" when it comes to issues like these.

Not to bore you with technical details but when a remote sends out commands, you may press the button one time but most remotes "repeat" the command two, three or four times.

Your problem here is the X1 remote is repeating the commands more times that the Vizio soundbar can handle. Unless you find a different X1 remote code for your Vizio soundbar there is no fix to this other than investing in a 3rd party universal remote (which I HIGHLY recommend).

skara wrote:

Hey Folks,

Just got my xfinity setup and I have the voice remote controlling my vizio sound bar.  The vizio soundbar has a lot of volume change between each up/down step.  When I push volume up or down on the remote, it increases the vizio soundbar volume by two steps instead of just one.  This results in the volume going up a LOT.

Is there any way to have the voice remote only increase the volume by 1 step on my vizio soundbar?

New Poster

Voice Remote Increase/Decreases Volume on Vizio Soundbar by 2 steps (not 1)

Hey Folks,

Just got my xfinity setup and I have the voice remote controlling my vizio sound bar.  The vizio soundbar has a lot of volume change between each up/down step.  When I push volume up or down on the remote, it increases the vizio soundbar volume by two steps instead of just one.  This results in the volume going up a LOT.

Is there any way to have the voice remote only increase the volume by 1 step on my vizio soundbar?