Community Forum

Vewing recordings on DVR remotely

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Vewing recordings on DVR remotely

I am on a trip. And I can't see anything recorded after I left. I see the recordings prior to when I left. I assume the auto-recordings are still recording, but I can't see them on the remote streaming app.  Any ideas?

Mike

Expert

Re: Vewing recordings on DVR remotely

mwgreen1966 wrote:

I am on a trip. And I can't see anything recorded after I left. I see the recordings prior to when I left. I assume the auto-recordings are still recording, but I can't see them on the remote streaming app.  Any ideas?

Mike

Hi, I moved your post to the X1 area of the forum. Using your app, look on the program guide for a channel like TV land and record the current show in progress. Does it show up as 'recording' Do you get an error message? Did you put your service on 'vacation' before you left with Comcast?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello mwgreen1966. 

Just following up Rustyben's comment, if you can answer his questions, we can guide you in the right direction. 

New Poster

Thank you for the reply.  As I understand it, there are two apps.  From the TV remote act, I should be able to set a recording. I believe this is what you are asking me to try right?  I go into that app and it's blank.  I click on the screen icon in the upper right and a devices screen comes up that is blank. Maybe my phone isn't somehow recognized as a device?  Then I go into edit devices on the app and it says I have 0 TVs set up with xfinity TV rmeote.  But it's not clear to me how to add them. 

Even without the remote recording, I can't view on the stream TV app what is recorded on the DVR.  The only recording that shows up is a game of thrones episode I recorded weeks ago. There are severfal on the DVR now that I can't see in the app.