Community Forum

User Guide for PC PXD01ANI (and a question about analog audio from this box)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

User Guide for PC PXD01ANI (and a question about analog audio from this box)

I was having pixellation on my main box (both live TV and recorded).  Called for support.  A tech arrived and swapped out one of the splitters.  Since then the main box in the living room works fine again.  But while the tech was in my Guest Room he swapped out the box.  I didn't ask him to but I also didn't tell him not to.  He removed an RNG 150N and installed the tiny PC PXD01ANI.  My problem is that the new box is HDMI only.  The old box had an analog audio out that I used to direct the audio to external speakers.  I have a monitor in the Guest Bedroom, not  a TV.  And the built-in audio is anemic to say the least.  I have a nice pair of external speakers that I was using to give the audio some punch.  At the moment the speakers are silent.  The monitor weirdly has an audio-in but no audio out.  Does anybody have a suggestion here? 

Either I need a different Xfinity box with an audio out in addition to the HDMI, or I need an adapter of some kind that will let me tap the audio off of the HDMI signal.  As I type I am reminded that I also have a Blu-Ray player that connects to the second HDMI input on the monitor.  An ideal solution would provide decent audio for both inputs.  Some kind of HDMI switcher that grabs the audio off all digital inputs?  Maybe an A-V amp with multiple inputs.  This is getting too complicated for my tech-averse relatives.  They're already afraid of my living room set up.  Smiley Happy 

When I started typing here I was just looking for a manual or user guide for the new device, the PC PXD01ANI.  The web site offers downloadable guides for a lot of different DVRs, called confusingly "TV Boxes".  But the box I actually have is nowhere to be found.  I am kicking myself for letting the tech get out of the apartment without giving me the docs for the new device.  I have gradually learned a bit about the thing from the forums.  Apparently it has its own tuners?  With the old box I could start recordings on the main DVR from the guest room and watch recordings from the main DVR, so can the new box, despite its tininess, make its own recordings?  Can I record more than 6 shows at once?  I have no idea.  So, can somebody point me toward a manual for my new toy?  Smiley Happy  

Contributor

Re: User Guide for PC PXD01ANI (and a question about analog audio from this box)

Relying to my own original post, I see that my new box is an Xid box, one of the non-DVR boxes.  So my box has no additional tuners.  My real problem remains, however.  I need an analog audio signal to drive my external speakers.  Or throw out a fairly good 1080p monitor in favor of one with audio out.

In retrospect I now wish that I had not allowed the tech to remove the RNG 150N.  He actually hinted that I might have a problem with sound.  I should have listened more closely.  

Official Employee

Re: User Guide for PC PXD01ANI (and a question about analog audio from this box)

patrick-keating wrote:

Relying to my own original post, I see that my new box is an Xid box, one of the non-DVR boxes.  So my box has no additional tuners.  My real problem remains, however.  I need an analog audio signal to drive my external speakers.  Or throw out a fairly good 1080p monitor in favor of one with audio out.

In retrospect I now wish that I had not allowed the tech to remove the RNG 150N.  He actually hinted that I might have a problem with sound.  I should have listened more closely.  

Can you swap locations of the 2 boxes? And use the audio from the main box? If not swap it out for an XG2.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183