Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Use of Pause feature for Live TV Shows

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Use of Pause feature for Live TV Shows

Is there any way to DVR a program that has already been shown.  LIke yesterday's episode or even last hour's episode. I was using the Pause feature to pause a live program.  I paused for about 20 minutes and then continued to watch my show.  Because I already paused the program, I was able to save time by using Fast Forward through the commercials. Somehow when I was running the fast forward, I accidently hit the channel up button.  I went back to the channel I was watching, but lost the 15 minutes of the show I was watching.  You would think if you go back to the original channel, it would save my program and let me continue watching, but once you change the channel, it cancels any paused program.  That is one feature that needs to be fixed. Another thing that would help is to put move the channel button away from the fast forward, play, and rewind buttons.  

Official Employee

Re: Use of Pause feature for Live TV Shows

dandolgin7, the cable box will only hold the history or "buffer" of a channel while it's tuned to the channel. If you would like to rewind a change that you have tuned away from, it must be recorded. If you have a DVR box, you can record any program and tune to another channel and not lose the recording content. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Use of Pause feature for Live TV Shows

Thanks.  That's what I thought.  If I'm just watching a program that was on pause, sometimes, I accidently hit the channel button by mistake and then it's lost.  Using the DVR is a better way to do it.