Community Forum

Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

Unable to pair the Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with a new TCL Roku tv using the 5 digit code. Three codes for a TCL tv are available to me but there is no place to enter them on the screen. I have tried to pair with three new different remotes to no avail. Have been told by a technician at my local Comcast store that since TCL are still a relatively new tv on the market that they are not yet compatiable with pairing the Comcast remote to cable tv. Suggestions? Recommendations? 

Expert

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv


ralwild wrote:

Unable to pair the Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with a new TCL Roku tv using the 5 digit code. Three codes for a TCL tv are available to me but there is no place to enter them on the screen. I have tried to pair with three new different remotes to no avail. Have been told by a technician at my local Comcast store that since TCL are still a relatively new tv on the market that they are not yet compatiable with pairing the Comcast remote to cable tv. Suggestions? Recommendations? 


press the setup button on the XR11 remote until the remote's LED changes from red to green and press the Xfinity button. When the number boxes appear on the screen type the 3 numbers and pause. when they are accepted, the screen will ask if you wouild like to set up your TV, select 'yes' and the directions to enter the code are given.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv


ralwild wrote:

Unable to pair the Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with a new TCL Roku tv using the 5 digit code. Three codes for a TCL tv are available to me but there is no place to enter them on the screen. I have tried to pair with three new different remotes to no avail. Have been told by a technician at my local Comcast store that since TCL are still a relatively new tv on the market that they are not yet compatiable with pairing the Comcast remote to cable tv. Suggestions? Recommendations? 


I just had this yetserday out in the field, the codes listed don't work on the newer TCL/Roku. Try:

Press and hold set up, LED goes from red to green, press 991 and then press Channel up unitl the TV turns off, then press and hold setup again to lock the code in.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

According to the pairing protocol instructions, entering the three digit pairing code allows you to operate the remote without having to point the remote toward the tv, and does not enable the volume control and on/off button. This proved true for me as I was able to enter the three digit code but it did give me volume and on/off control.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

I tried Andrew's suggestion using the 991 code several times but still am unable to control the volume and use the on/off button. Still looking for suggestions and waiting for Xfinity/TCL to come up with a pairing code that will work for my new TCL tv. Why is it taking so long to develop the new codes

Expert

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv


ralwild wrote:

According to the pairing protocol instructions, entering the three digit pairing code allows you to operate the remote without having to point the remote toward the tv, and does not enable the volume control and on/off button. This proved true for me as I was able to enter the three digit code but it did give me volume and on/off control.


the 3 digit pairing code links the remote only to the set top box (uses RF then instead of IR). The X1 has no volume control action until remote is set to operate the TV volume, mute, and TV power. The remote will not power off the set top box when you press the power button. If you want to set up your remote press the A button on the remote and select remote setup. If your remote is already set to aim-anywhere RF connection, the menu will offer to help you set up your remote to TV connection (IR).


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv


Rustyben wrote:

ralwild wrote:

According to the pairing protocol instructions, entering the three digit pairing code allows you to operate the remote without having to point the remote toward the tv, and does not enable the volume control and on/off button. This proved true for me as I was able to enter the three digit code but it did give me volume and on/off control.


the 3 digit pairing code links the remote only to the set top box (uses RF then instead of IR). The X1 has no volume control action until remote is set to operate the TV volume, mute, and TV power. The remote will not power off the set top box when you press the power button. If you want to set up your remote press the A button on the remote and select remote setup. If your remote is already set to aim-anywhere RF connection, the menu will offer to help you set up your remote to TV connection (IR).


The OP is referring to the message presently that when RF pairing is done, the tv is paired automatically. In this case it couldn't because the tv code couldn't be found.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

I just got an update about those TVs, try 11756
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

Thanks for the new code Andrew. Would try it, but still have the problem of no way to enter the number on the pairing screen. There appears to be a number already in the slots where you would expect to manually enter the number. Do I just click ok on the remote? Am curious as to whether other screens look like and if they allow code entry.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

Press A and arrow over to remote setup
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

My problem is not getting to the remote setup. Its not being able to manually enter the code on the screen when instructed. A code is already entered. Do I click on OK to enter that code? I will try to send you a photo tomorrow of the screen so you can see what I am seeing.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

You can enter a code anytime, just press and hold setup, the led goes from red to green, enter the code and press tv power
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

The new pairing code you gave me didn't work. Here are photos of the two remote setup screens that I am seeing on the TCL tv. None of the codes on the screens were manually entered, they just appeared. Even though there is no place on the screen to manually enter the code, I pressed the numbers on the remote keyboard for each of the codes appearing on the screen and the code you recently sent me. Still no volume control nor ability to turn tv on/off.Pairing screen 1.JPGPairing screen 2.JPG

Expert

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv


ralwild wrote:

The new pairing code you gave me didn't work. Here are photos of the two remote setup screens that I am seeing on the TCL tv. None of the codes on the screens were manually entered, they just appeared. Even though there is no place on the screen to manually enter the code, I pressed the numbers on the remote keyboard for each of the codes appearing on the screen and the code you recently sent me. Still no volume control nor ability to turn tv on/off.


tried 11756 ?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

Yes, I tried 11756. Are the screens in the photos the ones that you and everyone else sees when setting up the remote? Is the inability to manually and visually enter the code on the screen a major part of the problem?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv


ralwild wrote:

Yes, I tried 11756. Are the screens in the photos the ones that you and everyone else sees when setting up the remote? Is the inability to manually and visually enter the code on the screen a major part of the problem?


I don't see any confirmation when I enter the 5-digit number.  The next screen is actually the confirmation where you test to see if the code worked.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/Program-Your-XFINITY-X1-Remote-for-TV-and-Audio-Control/ta-p/2942606

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

I retried entering the 991 and on the third attempt it worked. I am able to control the volume and the on-off button.
New Poster

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

THANK YOU!!! I finally was able to pair my Comcast remote to our new TCL tv and all of the buttons work! 

New Poster

Re: Unable to pair Comcast XR11 remote and cable tv box with TCL Roku tv

After 6 Months with XFinity and being told their remote does not work with TCL - this solution is simple, easy and WORKS!  Thanks!!