Community Forum

Tv cable internet outage no power loss

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Tv cable internet outage no power loss

We've experienced the loss of all three services since the middle of the night even though our neighborhood never lost power. I was wondering if it was possible to find out what's the estimated time of repair for our area? I work from home and I need my internet more than anything. Thanks
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Tv cable internet outage no power loss

Call Comcast?
New Poster

Already tried. They just have a recording that first said it would be fixed 8 hours ago, which obviously didn't happen. And now the recording just keeps saying 24 hours. I've seen other people get an estimated time of repair and I was just hoping there was one from my area too.
Official Employee

Unfortunately because of the outage related to the Florida storms your ETR is listed as 1159 EST on 9/13.

If you are experiencing a loss of XFINITY services due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power interruption and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the XFINITY network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing XFINITY services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before XFINITY services can work properly.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit www.xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. I could literally lose my job if it takes long. And it really stinks since we never did lose power and no one around here has lost any power. Hopefully it will be sooner than that. Thanks.
Expert

Maybe you should find a location where you can get on the Internet to work.

You should be aware that most people in your state are in the same predicament as you. Maybe worse shape without a home, or business they work for damaged.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Unfortunately, I believe most of the area is aerial and with such high winds power might not be the issue.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.