Community Forum

TV video and audio don't match

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: TV video and audio don't match

wrote:

That's not true at all. I never had this problem for the first two months of service now it's happining on many channels. Not a problem with any of my TV's. It's an Xfinity problem.

digital television (and DVDs etc) is sent to your TV in an MPEG stream of video and audio. The TV is the device that presents the timing of the two and has an output offset in the TV menu audio section to adjust lip sync. The set top boxes and DVD players and other MPEG streaming devices do not adjust nor have any way to modify the timing of audio to video. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

That's not true at all. I never had this problem for the first two months of service now it's happining on many channels. Not a problem with any of my TV's. It's an Xfinity problem.

Expert

wrote:

The video and audio on our TV do not match

that is a tV setting. Using your TV's remote menu system find the audio section and something similar to lip sync. it can move the match of audio from before to after easy to fine tune and it is per device (like X1 set top box).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

TV video and audio don't match

The video and audio on our TV do not match