Community Forum

TV turning on randomly after shut off by the remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV turning on randomly after shut off by the remote

my samsung TV is turning on randomly after it's turned off using the Comcast X1 remote, anyone has a solution for this?

Expert

Re: TV turning on randomly after shut off by the remote

pwu wrote:

my samsung TV is turning on randomly after it's turned off using the Comcast X1 remote, anyone has a solution for this?

you might try changing the HDMI jack you are using on the TV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

That sometimes happens to me when I am not in direct view and close enough to my X1 box.  I just use the TV button to turn the TV off.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@ wrote:

Do you have a Samsung "Smart TV" ? If so; Do Not use the Comcast remote to control the television !

Yes I know people would like to use one remote, but that is a big mistake with a Samsung smart tv. The television's CPU senses the Comcast X1 still being powered "stand-by". It will come back "on" because of this. New Samsung technology would rather have the television control all devices through "Any-net".

Connect all devices through the Samsung smart hub per the Samsung manual. Let the television control all devices except for the Comcast box(s). Use TV remote for tv, and Comcast remote for cable (Xfinity). Any other set up method is just asking for grief.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!