Community Forum

TV to GO Freezes on Android Systems - WHY and Is it being fixed?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

TV to GO Freezes on Android Systems - WHY and Is it being fixed?

This sounds like a broken record, but, I've been trying for several weeks now and the "TV to Go" app is useless. After 2-3 minutes the screen freezes while the sound continues. Cannot watch ANYTHING without the same results.

It's very obvious from reading all the messages that this is a problem for ALL Android systems. Why can't they at least post some sort of acknowledgment or something that confirms this?

Fact is, COMCAST has us. We're not going anywhere. But the least they could do from a customer service standpoint is acknowledge the issue.

I really can't understand how they let something like this go so long without any communication to it's customers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: TV to GO Freezes on Android Systems - WHY and Is it being fixed?

And none of them are AD related issues. Come on guys...

Frequent Visitor

+1

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe, can you at least respond with some type of response recognizing the issue or something?

Frequent Visitor

Please, Comcast Joe, NO ONE is responding to the AD-related issue. The issue is with the "TV TO GO" app working at all on an Android system/tablet. I've got Android ver. 4.2.2 and nothing, nothing I try will play longer than 2-3 minutes before the screen freezes. Yet, the sound continues. If I pause, it goes into a never-ending "buffering" cycle and I have to shut everything down and start over. But again, can you or someone PLEASE acknowledge the issue instead of ignoring it or trying to go down this AD route. Please! Help!

Official Employee

BMeyer1959 wrote:

Please, Comcast Joe, NO ONE is responding to the AD-related issue. The issue is with the "TV TO GO" app working at all on an Android system/tablet. I've got Android ver. 4.2.2 and nothing, nothing I try will play longer than 2-3 minutes before the screen freezes. Yet, the sound continues. If I pause, it goes into a never-ending "buffering" cycle and I have to shut everything down and start over. But again, can you or someone PLEASE acknowledge the issue instead of ignoring it or trying to go down this AD route. Please! Help!

Please go into the application's settings (found at the bottom of the fly-in menu), choose "Playback Options" and set your video quality to "Medium". Let me know if this improves your playback.

-ComcastJoe

Frequent Visitor

Have Samsung 10.1 tablet.  

1. My original Player used to work.  HBOGo works.  Netflix works.

2.  When downloaded new version.  Didn't work.  Would sometimes run for 30 seconds before freezing.

3.  Many reviews posted on Android app store about it not working on Samsung tablets.

4.  Called CS.  Got a call back in Dec. that it should be fixed by end of Jan.

5.  No upgrades to app posted until yesterday at store.

6.  DL'd new app.  Still doesn't work.

We can login to "tvtogo"  on our laptop and desktop and it works quite well.  

Like others have said - Comcast should make the old version available even if it doesn't have any upgrades that may be in the "new" version.

Frequent Visitor

Well,I'll be. That did the trick! I never saw that in the settings before. It's been running for about 15 min. now. I'm going to let it run through a full show of "The Following" to be sure. If that's the trick, this should be in the FAQ! Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

OK  - Joe,

Your fix worked!   I didn't know what the term "fly-in menu" meant.  I did, finally, figure it out and went to "settings" which is at the bottom of a list - the top of which is "featured", then 2nd on list is "tv series" etc,

When you click on "settings" you are given several choices.  3rd on that list is "playback option".  The default was "high".  I changed it to "medium".

You could save CC a lot of CS time if you sent out a bulletin about this fix.   You could also save a ton of negative reviews on the Android "play store" - if in the description you somehow mentioned this setting needs to be changed - at least on Samsung tablets.  Maybe others.   s/w developers should have a pop up screen come up when fiirst installed asking/telling users they need to choose the display setting they want and "some devices may require a "medium" setting"  -- which, btw, looks fine to me on the tablet.

Thanks again!!   (I'll change my review and mention the fix.)

New Poster

Changing playback to medium does NOT work on my Nextbook Premium 8se running Android 4.1.1. Numerous phone calls to CS are no help. Was told tablet had to be from a major carrier (Sprint, ATT, Versions.....)
I asked if I were to go to Best Buy to buy a new tablet what specifications should I look for, CS rep could not answer. Was also told by a different CS rep that they could not discus my problem because my account was past due which was not true. Seem like these people are making up answers/excuses as they go.
Regular Visitor

I have a nextbook as well and my bill is current so their b/s is simply that...they are a horrible company to do business with but unfortunately they don't have to improve their service or customer service because they are a monopoly in my area.  The TV go app used to work before they "fixed" the bugs.  Yet another Comcast disappointment.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have next book and get green videos, Crashes,basically does not work on any of my androids. Does work fine on PC/laptopi personally don't allow companies to jerk me around. This doesn't get fixed quick, I WILL TRANSFER TO SOMEONE THAT DOES. Life is too short to let business's to jerk u around. Its my money and cause I can and will. Times ticking....I could say more but family member currently employed for this wonderful company. Maybe soon the cats will be let out. Times ticking..... Dislike being jerked around..