Community Forum

TV takes 2 minutes to startup when power turned off because box rebooting, which is pretty slow

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV takes 2 minutes to startup when power turned off because box rebooting, which is pretty slow

I just had the Infinity TV service installed last night (June 2018), and thought I figured it out, but when I powered the X15 remote off at bedtime, and turned the TV on in the morning, it took at least 2 mins to go through a reboot of the box. Thinking this was because it was new, I turned the TV off with the power button again, and then on. It still took forever to startup, with the usually "Get ready to enjoy your Xfinity... just a few moments more..." comments I saw when the tech first powered it up.  It will drive us nuts if we have to do this every time the TV is turned on......   any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: TV takes 2 minutes to startup when power turned off because box rebooting, which is pretty slow

What is the box connected to that it’s fully powering off at all?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: TV takes 2 minutes to startup when power turned off because box rebooting, which is pretty slow

My box takes up to 3 min and 45 seconds, and is connected only to the wall power, and the incoming cable- as well as 1 HDMI to the TV.  Pathetically slow in this day of increasing speed in electronics.

The cable show guilde also looks like it was done in 1980. Look at the DirecTV guide for how to do it.  Sorry, new customer

Valued Contributor

Check to make sure the power-save feature isn't enabled.  Hit the Xfinity button, scroll over to the gear, go to device settings and then select the power preferences option.  Some boxes have it defaulted to 4 hours and all you have to do is set it to off.