Community Forum

TV listings not loading. (Oops something unexpected happened) etc etc.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

TV listings not loading. (Oops something unexpected happened) etc etc.

I'm trying to find out what's wrong with the tv listings. Theses pages are loading way too slow or not loading at all. When you click on program info, I get the  "Oops something unexpected happened etc etc".

This has been going on for over a week. I'm using Windows 7 and have all updates. Also I'm using the most recent Google Chrome. I have cookies enabled for Comcast/Xfinity. I use a ad block add on but this condition persist regardless of it's settings. I deleted all cookies, cleared the cache and started over on all that with no luck.

There appears to be some spy ware associated with the listings page after I used "PageSpeed Insight" to look at the page. I saw reference to Facebook, some ad stuff, and some errors after the program analyzed the page, but I believe the problem is somewhere else.

I would appreciate any help with this. I've seen others post similar problems with this tv schedule, but I have not seen much in a remedy besides, "use another listing service". I depend on this but it appears to be undependable. Thanks...jim

Contributor

Re: TV listings not loading. (Oops something unexpected happened) etc etc.

I am also getting the "Oops something happened that we weren't expecting, etc" message on the online TV listings guide intermittently also & have been for a few weeks. Program/movie details are rarely retrievable now. Sometimes the whole grid is slow to load or balky (says I need to reload my browser).

I am using Firefox so I guess that rules out the browser since you have the problem with Chrome.

New Poster

I have had this issue happen numerous times since I've had Comcast. Why are there no replies to these posts for help from Comcast? Do they not monitor this forum?

New Poster

Is someone going to address this issue or what?!!!!  This has been going on for days and it is making me angry!

Hellooooooo....is anyone here????????

New Poster

For all of you who have this issue (or have had it in the past) I contacted Comcast Technical Support about it.  After THREE attempts at getting it solved via the chat function, the last support person escalated the issue to one of their fix agents.  They will get back to me in 1-3 days.  Seeing as this is an error message I have received off and on since I've been a Comcast customer (7 years now!) I'm none to optimistic.

Frequent Visitor

Well, they needed my phone number, so I sent it, and no one called. Then they wanted my service address so I sent that with my account number....nothing yet. I need this listing page to work. It appears to me that this listing page is full of ad/spyware and that the service is provided by a third party. (Failed to load resource - oascomcast.net/Real Media ads/adstream, etc etc etc) Whatever the problem is, it needs to be fixed. TV Guide wouldn't put up with problems like this for 2 seconds without it being fixed. Come on now. This has been going on for way too long...jim

Frequent Visitor

Update Sunday, 12/01/13...Comcast did call. I talked with a nice lady and told her that it appeared that many people were having the same issue with this schedule not loading correctly. She informs me that the engineers will address this issue tomorrow. Guess we'll see...jim

Frequent Visitor

Thanks jimrcraft for the update...

Frequent Visitor

A technician did call today and he was sure, in a more than non cordial way, that the problems were on our end. He was also sure that Comcast could come out and load the grid on their laptop for 49.95 + tax, which may be true.

While this guy was explaining how smart he was, he also explained that Comcast did not fix computers (again, in a more than uncongenial way)  You could tell that this tech did not want to be bothered on his day off, and I may try to contact corporate on that. 

Anyway, I tried 3 of the top browsers...IE, Chrome, and Firefox, all with the same results. I also un-installed Flash Player and Java and re-installed those with no luck. In the end, I may have a technician come out to check my pc. The reason I doubt that the pc is the problem is that I just re-installed the operating system.

Sunday night....Suddenly, everything is trying to load correctly. It may be a cookie issue. I just checked the option to allow 3rd party cookies (which I don't care to do) All the followers on this subject may try that. I'm going to try to fine tune the cookie thing for Comcast only. By the way...thanks to the very smart Comcast tech...for nothing.

Contributor

Hi all - the TV Listings on XfinityTV.com should be working now.

Please let us know if you see any further problems.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

Thanks

- Jessica

Frequent Visitor

I wanted everyone, who is having this problem and following this post, to know that my listing schedule is now working right (knock on wood) I believe that this problem might have been caused by my cookies settings. I have always blocked 3rd party cookies because I don't like spyware.

I first changed my settings to allow 3rd party cookies and the problem seemed to resolve itself. Then, I went back and right clicked to check the page source.  It appears that cookies stored from the site are mixed (needed cookies with "the other".  So I went back and set the options to allow these cookies... (xfinitytv.comcast.net), (logincomcast.net), and (comcast.net). 

I'll be the first to admit that pc expert...I'm not. For now, this seems to have fixed my issue and I hope it helps someone else.

It's a shame that the very smart technician, that spoke to me on the phone, didn't seem to want to help with this..jim

Contributor

By the way jimrcraft, adjusting your 3rd party cookies shouldn't have anything to do with the tv-listings working or not working. 

We were working on resolving the issue this evening around 7-8pm ET, probably the same time you were playing with cookies -- so that was probably coincidental that it started working for you at the same time you were adjusting your cookies settings.

Thanks again for informing us of the issue.

- Jessica

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Jessica...jim

Frequent Visitor

I'd like to know the name of that tech I talked to on the phone. He was pretty sure that the problem was on my end. He just expressed it in a negative way.

Contributor

Funny, jimcraft, I was just composing this reply to you at your earlier comment when you wrote that about his name:

"Jimcraft: Do you have that tech's name to get back to him? It's be pretty funny to rub his "smarter than thou" nose in the fact that the comcast online people fixed it from their end, no PC tweaks required, at least in my case.The cookie settings you suspected wouldn't explain (for me at least) why it started suddenly & was intermittent, would it? No worries now, anyway since they seem to have found a workaround."

PS) Thanks Jessica. I replied to you on the other thread. Pat yourself & your colleagues on the back for successfully (and unlike Jim's tech, helpfully) attending to our problem.

Frequent Visitor

You were right Jessica...the cookies that I was playing with, made no difference. (and I like playing with my cookies.. lol) Could you get a message to Mr. ED (the telephone tech)...thanks for absolutely not knowing your stuff and being very smart...lol

Frequent Visitor

Yes, his name was Ed, but I think that he was too busy gnawing on a turkey bone to really think that a glich might have occured on Comcast' end... lol

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I thought I saved the day lol

New Poster

Jessica, It is STILL doing it as of today Monday, 12/02/2013 at 21:10.

Frequent Visitor

Yes it lasted about a day. Mine is also acting up again. WHAT IS WRONG HERE???????????

New Poster

I am having tghis same problem at 32304. Please help

Frequent Visitor

Jessica this problem has been back for going on 3 weeks now . I have called tech support and reported the failure to load issue 4 times now and  I get is the same old run around . Change these settings to this , reboot , reload , Yada Yada bla ba bla.then they admit that it is not working and say they will report it . no one is addressing the problem best I can tell  HELP please

New Poster

Having the same problem for the last couple of days.  Called Comcast and after having it elevated two levels, and about 45 minutes, they never called back.  Problem still there. 

New Poster

have also been having this problem off and on for months. had it for over one week, spent hours each night on chat, deleting this and that, being told togo get new equipment,  or call some one to come and pay the service fee. it is so frustrating, am about ready to change service. it has been 24 hours now i a seeing the  "something didnt go as planned or the oops line to try to refresh or put in my zip code. it says my zip code doesnt exist in their records.. well it exists to pay my bill doesnt it.  totally frustrated.

New Poster

I'm seeing this also since late last week - following the FAQ I tried to reset my zip code, but it claims that 94105 (downtown San Francisco) doesn't have any service providers.

New Poster

In spite of the "it should be fixed now" msgs, the problem still exists here.  "Sorry, that didn't go as planned".

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Contributor

yes i have been having this problem for the last 4 days!!!  first they take away the ability to have the channel guide sent to us and now this doesn't work.  refreshing the browser does not help at all!

New Poster

I have had the same issue for some time now.  I am getting very frustrating with Comcast.  When you call them they pretend to try and fix the problem, but NEVER do.  They just waste your time.  They urgently need to DO SOMETHING!!!

Official Employee

Hi daheyer, I apologize for your experiences, please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Thank you