Community Forum

TV Update; Service shut down...........

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: TV Update; Service shut down...........

Xfinity button to Preferences to General to Daily Update Time to change when the update happens. If it happens outside of that time frame, have a tech out to troubleshoot further
Silver Problem Solver

Batman2013 wrote:
It's 2017 and the updates still coming everyday is there a way for these updates to happen monthly or weekly in 2013 there was no resolution to this issue four years later please tell me there's a way to stop this madness how is this a good service if you can't watch tv without it cutting off in the middle of a movie

I doubt Comcast will ever change the nightly update; my guess is that they do that to "reset" things that work in the background or somewhere in the network.  If 20 million X1 users is in the ballpark, trying to keep the system working from coast to coast must take a lot of compromises.  

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

It's 2017 and the updates still coming everyday is there a way for these updates to happen monthly or weekly in 2013 there was no resolution to this issue four years later please tell me there's a way to stop this madness how is this a good service if you can't watch tv without it cutting off in the middle of a movie
Problem Solver

Hello tarnya372002,

User "John3758" is essentially correct. Currently there is not way to circumvent the update schedule for the X1 platform. If you have any more questions please feel free to reach back out. Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

Well seeing as how probably 90% of the X1 boxes that are deployed by Comcast never get turned off they can't really update when the box is off.

Honestly why do you want to go back just for the box updates in the night? Sorry but X1 is where everything is going. If you are having other issues then post your issues so we can try to help you. Going back to the old boxes does not solve issues, it only postpones them until you're forced to upgrade again.

New Poster

TV Update; Service shut down...........

This is the worst service around. I think since switching to X1. In the middle of the night the TV want's to update, Why not when I turn it off? <br>It F... up when it want to.<br>I would like to have my old box back and save the extra money wasted on something not satisfied with.