Community Forum

TV Sound

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

TV Sound

Hello,

Hope I am on the right board.  I have a (older) TV with Comcast basic cable and sometimes the sound for all TV channels is scratchy where nothing is clear and sometimes it is not.  However, programs run through Roku box on the same TV is always fine.  Can someone please suggest?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: TV Sound

DolphinVJ wrote:

Hello,

Hope I am on the right board.  I have a (older) TV with Comcast basic cable and sometimes the sound for all TV channels is scratchy where nothing is clear and sometimes it is not.  However, programs run through Roku box on the same TV is always fine.  Can someone please suggest?

Audio issues can be caused by signal degradation ( TV )..... your ROKU is fine as it is coming through your Data Signal....

Check all of your TV's connections and ensure they are tight.  Include splitters and outside connections when you check them as well as those on boxes and Tvs.  If nothing improves thre audio, you may need the services of a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs.